vilamoura golf

14 posts / 0 new
vilamoura golf

Has any you guys played these 3 courses

Pinhal , Laguna and Millennium going 2 Feb next year for a week and tips would be great (22 handicap) just new to golf in the summer

I thought Laguna was contrived. Water on most of the holes, if I recall. Friends recommended millennium very highly. Can't comment on pinhal.

Take plenty of balls

Can't speak for Pinhal or Millenium but I wouldn't travel all that way and have Laguna on my list. IMO it looks like it was created to fill a gap. Way too many better options. 

thanks for your reply's

Not played Laguna but the other courses are enjoyable. I preferred Pinhal but most others seem to prefer Millenium. Pinhal took forever to get round though.

I played Millenium in April and it was a really good experience.  I play off 18 and my Dad is off 27 so it was a fair test. I know there are better courses in the area but the reviews said they were tough and I did want a grumpy Dad to play with! We also played Pinheiros Altos and that was old and tired. Vilamoura is a great place to stay and the harbour area has loads of bars and restaurants too.  If you like a bit of luxury, check out The Lake Resort as you might get a good deal in Feb and it has a spa to keep the ladies quiet...

zombie wrote (see)

I played Millenium in April and it was a really good experience.  I play off 18 and my Dad is off 27 so it was a fair test. I know there are better courses in the area but the reviews said they were tough and I did want a grumpy Dad to play with! We also played Pinheiros Altos and that was old and tired. Vilamoura is a great place to stay and the harbour area has loads of bars and restaurants too.  If you like a bit of luxury, check out The Lake Resort as you might get a good deal in Feb and it has a spa to keep the ladies quiet...

Hullo - are you for real?

Thanks for the info  

LGL (5) wrote (see)

zombie wrote (see)

Hullo - are you for real?

I know, I know.  It's take more than a whirl pool and a pamper session to keep a woman quiet!  

If you are going that way you must try to get on San Lorenzo, my favourite course

zombie wrote (see)

and it has a spa to keep the ladies quiet...

Ha ha ha ha ha .... awesome

Had 1 trip away to Vilamoura ( about 4yrs ago now though ) Package deal,  Played,  Pinhal,  Villa Sol,  Old Course,  Victoria Least favourite was Pinhal,  not in same league as the others,  bit tight/tricky in places with some very 'unforgiving' trees  ,  the greens were Very Good though,  but like Lightning......!! The Old Course I really enjoyed,  and Victoria was good too,  albeit a little 'New' at the time of my travels