Where in Florida

7 posts / 0 new
Where in Florida
Played a bit in Orlando, however where best with 6 guys, reasonable prices, and half decent watering holes available. Where would you stay, play and expect a good time. If in Orlando would prob stay at highlands reserve, or would anyone recommend another. Don't want to be overrun with screaming kids. How much to play tpc sawgrass as a one off.

Sawgrass is about. 90 mins north. of Orlando . We stayed in the Sawgrass Marriot and had a package inc green fees. I am sure the fees were over $200 if you were.not in hotel. It is with thinking about staying in Ponte Vedre as there is plenty. to do and much nicer than Orlando

Celebration, Legends, Orange County National, Mystic Dunes, Southern Dunes, and Diamond Back are all courses I have played and would  recommend all within .5hr from Highland reserve. 

Last year when i was in florida, went to naples. played the flamingo golf course. nice course and around $50 which is excellent value IMO

What about evenings, not after nightclubs but would like the odd beer that's not just a chain restraint.

CHAIN RESTRAINT??? We don't plug those sort of establishments on here?

Play every year in Florida for the last 15 years. There are hundreds of courses and most are pretty good. Depends on the time of the year that you go. October and November are the best times or early spring. Watch out if you go in November because the Central part of Florida i.e. Orlando to Sarasota over seed and buggies have to keep to the cart paths. For good deals I recommend you have a look at the web site ezlinks.com you will not find many better deals anywhere. Try Dubsdread for a different lay out and few houses around it. Just south of Orlando, easy to get to. We usually stay in the Ft.Myers area where there are 100 golf courses within 1 hours drive. If you want to rent a house or condo, check out the web site VRBO.COM there are hundreds to rent all over Florida