Come on guys start posting

13 posts / 0 new
Come on guys start posting

Fearing the loss of this forum I started lurking around others that are on the net. Take it from me this is the best out there!! some, well one in particular! is so huge there is hardly any interaction between posters, neither friendly or otherwise. Others are so sterile they bore you to tears at first glance and yet others are dead, a bit like this one at the moment..  SO!! if you are a member and not being involved START BLOODY CONTRIBUTING!!! and force the powers that be to sort stuff out by pure rate of throughput!!!   You know who you are!! You know it makes sense!!!!

This forum pretty well echoes the lead up to the american golf channel forum going tits up few years back. 

Hey if MTP has seen the light, there's hope yet....

MTP, I also don't want to see this forum die but despite months of pointing out some pretty fundamental errors, they have still not been addressed and no acknowledgement is made on the "TECHIES - THERE'S STILL A PROBLEM!!!!!!" thread.  I just personally get the feeling that whenever they see one of us complain that the problem remains unresolved they just look at it, think "oh it's them moaning buggers again" and ignore it. Even just some regular update of what is and isn't being sorted would be nice but it gets to the point where it's like banging your head against a wall.  It's so lovely when you stop.  

Well, as a long time lurker on this forum (and very occasional poster), I would say that the site redesign has not helped. I do not like the 'look and feel' of it now and the techie issues are well-documented - that does not help. The less of us post, there's less to read when you come on here and so I delve in less often. It's a vicious circle.     

The posts can at least be read now, as the colour has been made darker.  The ads next to the posts as you type should be removed  imo

/members/images/10386/Gallery/13-haslington_collapsible_parking_post.jpg  

OK - I still like GM and the crew on here and I will try to help haul this site's sorry arse into 2015. Give me a day or two.        In the meantime will you all - PLEASE HAVE A BRILLIANT CHRISTMAS & A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR.

Taz wrote (see)

OK - I still like GM and the crew on here and I will try to help haul this site's sorry arse into 2015. Give me a day or two.        In the meantime will you all - PLEASE HAVE A BRILLIANT CHRISTMAS & A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR.

Damn! Just when I thought the standard and class of the forum might rise!  

I have been a regular contributor to this forum for a few years now but I do detect some apathy in recent times. I think GM could do some navel gazing and improve the site and contents. I am also a regular contributor to another non-golf site. My suggestions as follows: 1. Reduce the amount of domains on the site. For example, Magic Action and Golf Instruction could be subsumed into one topic. 2. General forum - there are too many dare I say bland topics posted by the GM team. Obviously they feel the need to raise topics in order to generate a discussion - fair enough. However, it may be that what they are doing actually discourages contributors from posting comments. The net result is that a genuine thread drops off the page too quickly because of newer threads, subsequently they don't get a proper chance for a meaningful discussion. Less can mean more. Just my personal thoughts.   

3. Remove the domains which clearly are redundant.

if you look at the other forums that this company does (Immediate Media Company) then they are much alike, bit p!ss poor as regards functionality, don't think you will get an immediate response from the tech guys here, they seem to be so full of themselves that nothing will change their minds.   PS, MTP which other golf forums were you talking about, I'm a member of a couple of very popular ones and they seem fine, well upto now they are, unless you mean the one where everyone hits a 3 wood 300 yards and puts 20 foot of backspin on their wedge shots