6 Nations decider

14 posts / 0 new
6 Nations decider

Against my better judgement I'm going for England. Think the Jocks may do us a favour.

England.

great prediction mtp  

OMG what a game ! (England v. France)  amazing flowing rugby with plenty of ball in hand. Amazing attacking rugby. Slighty nutty at times but great to watch! england can raise their heads high. its not easy to put 50+ pts on the board against france!

Only a game

Great call MTP, should've known better than to rely on a Scots performance.

Since when did the 6 nations play Rugby League? That's what it looked like to me!!!! It was nothing like the game I used to play at school.  More exciting to watch, admittedly, but you might as well play rugby league. 

Thats a daring statement... rugby league is sooo one dimensional, yes union has evolved, but it is still far far more interesting than league. when i used to play, we would play league in practice sessions. great for passing and tackling, then work on set piece skills alongside. Union is a much more flowing organic game imho and better to play and watch! But hey I'm a southerner!

Looked exactly the same to me Tom. 

Harry Putter wrote (see)

Great call MTP, should've known better than to rely on a Scots performance.

You got that right. . . . and that wanker Salmond is determined to f!ck up the politics of a country he didn't want to be part of. Scotland and the SNP really has become a boil on the arse of Britain. Time it was lanced

Sorry, political rant - regarding the rugby, like the cricket no excuse We were crap!

Mindthepond wrote (see)

Thing that worries me about Union is how long they can keep going with contested scrums. If somebody gets killed in a high profile game all hell will break loose.. BUT if the scrums are just bung the ball in and the someone picks it up it may as well be league!!  I also  worry about the impact a 16 stone forward hitting a 12 stone winger at 20mph has on the body.. I have worked with a guy who is completely paralysed and can only  communicate with his eyes who got that way being kicked in the head after a scrum..  its horrible to see.. hopefully the system that we put in place gives him some reason to keep going!!

Mindthepond wrote (see)

Thing that worries me about Union is how long they can keep going with contested scrums. If somebody gets killed in a high profile game all hell will break loose.. BUT if the scrums are just bung the ball in and the someone picks it up it may as well be league!!  I also  worry about the impact a 16 stone forward hitting a 12 stone winger at 20mph has on the body.. I have worked with a guy who is completely paralysed and can only  communicate with his eyes who got that way being kicked in the head after a scrum..  its horrible to see.. hopefully the system that we put in place gives him some reason to keep going!!

Make that a 20 stone forward hitting a 16stone winger! I'm not sure anyone under 14 stone even plays rugby anymore! But your right mtp the game has just become more and more physical. Its only a matter of tjme before something bad happens  

Ultimately I think the best team won, although I don't think there is much between Ireland, Wales and England - they can all beat each other on a given day. Scotland started the 6 nations promisingly with a narrow defeat in Paris and some good stuff v Wales, but then capitulated badly. They won't have rolled over just to help Ireland win the 6 nations, but it was a meek surrendering and hints at deeper issues. A far cry from the team I watched in November give Argentina a tonking. As for the SNP, fair play to them, and Labour need to have a good look at themselves re how they have lost so much support in Scotland. As one who holds a generally centre left view, my choices are not great re the election - Labour have a leader who is unelectable, Lib Dems have shown themselves to be utterly witless, and therefore I'm left looking at the SNP, most of whose policies are in line with my views. Not because I necessarily want full indepence, but as my best option re ensuring we have a centre left government post election. Another 5 years of Cameron and his cabal of self serving f*ckwits is a chilling thought... a government run by Milliband a not much better option.

Word.