Celtic - Neil Lennon

27 posts / 0 new
Celtic - Neil Lennon

Here we have a so called football fan running on the pitch to attack a manager, no matter what your beliefs, or arguments, etc, Violence can not be tolerated. He we have a prime example.

The courts should now send out a warning to any member of the public that this behaviour  can not and will not be tolerated, send him down for 12 months and then ask him afterwards was it worth being a complete idiot for 2 minutes.

Neil Lennon has had threats , Bomb parcels, and now a man running at him with intent to hurt, I have no doubt just for a split second Neil had thought the worse could happen.

Earlier a week or 2 ago you had a young lad running on a punching a goalkeeper and before that you had another supporter running on and knocking out a outfield player.

Come on now CPS do your job properly and make them do a custodial sentence, I don't care If the dad of the young boy says it was a moment of madness from his son and that's not him, yeah right.

I am sure the Sheriff who sentences this bampot will take your views into account.

People need to realize that it only takes one punch to kill!Moment of madness or not, the deterrent against sh!t like this needs to be high.You don't get this in golf.

It may cheer you, Wingnut, to know that a young Celtic fan who made monkey gestures at a black Rangers player has just been jailed for 3 months and banned from attending any football match for 5 years.

complete idiot,no room for this in the game,hope they lock him up for a good spell.Lennon should just shut up though,he has whinged his way through this season and upset everyone who is not a Celtic fan (not an excuse for last night or letter bombs though!) Scottish football sucks right now (not that my lot know ho to play football anway!)

"no place for this idiot in football" - I too think Lennon is an antagonistic sod, but banning him outright?

Surely punching Craig Bellamy or Robbie Savage is still acceptable?

Tim Ellis wrote (see)

Surely punching Craig Bellamy or Robbie Savage is still acceptable?

pmsl I shouldn't laugh

Lets be fair here guys. No doubt this imbicile deserves to be slapped by the courts.But Lennon himself is an arse, an arse who appeals to and antagonises this type of idiot. Reap what you sow!

^^^^^^^agreed

Craig Bellamy is an Arse****, when he was at the Toon he nearly got punched quite a few times down the Bigg Market on a saturday night such an arrogant barsteward, deserves all he gets if you ask me.

What happened to Lennon last night and what continues to happen to him is wrong, not matter what he has done to "deserve" it. However, like some have already mentioned, he does nothing to actually defuse situations at all. He seems to get off on antagonising opposing players and fans which just spells trouble.

The main problem really is that Neil Lennon is a Northern Irish Roman Catholic and until the Scottish society in general start to change their frankly archaic views on religion and drop the whole disgraceful sectarianism, nothing will change.

KernowDevil wrote (see)

....... and until the Scottish society in general start to change their frankly archaic views on religion and drop the whole disgraceful sectarianism, nothing will change.

Another option - drop the whole religion thang. You are born where you are born - fact. Your "religion" is a choice (and an imaginary one at that).

Agree 100%

I don't think it was sectarianism that caused the looney to come on the pitch I think it was Lennon winding up the Hearts team saying that the jam tarts were not trying.THing is outside of Glasgow no one gives a stuff about religion.Personally if a player is good enough I don't care what religion he is and most of the rest of Scotland outside Glasgow is the same.As for Celtic always moaning about them being picked on because of the religion well frankly that is bollocks! You should try getting a decicion against the old firm! Then you'll know what it's like to have the refs decisions go against you.It's just like smaller teams getting decisions at old trafford (not going to happen).So grow up Celtic and shut up Lennon were all sick of it. I do hope they lock up the looney though,and the idiots ho sent the lettter bombs.

KernowDevil wrote (see)

.....until the Scottish society in general start to change their frankly archaic views on religion and drop the whole disgraceful sectarianism, nothing will change.

You have no idea what you are talking about mate. Yeah there are a few idiots, but its like saying all muslims are terorists. See DandyDons comment above most people here don't care.

You're just as guilty if you look the other way.If acts are carried out in the name of your religion - it is your problem.

Name of my religion,don't make me laugh,how many of these idiots chanting there stupid songs which no one gives a monkey about are regulars in the church on Sunday morning? They have no religion but use it as an excuse.

OK - in the name of your football team then

McZZZZZ   McZZZZZ  McZZZZ

Don't think Lennon is mature enough for the Celtic job. In one season he has managed to fall out with everyone in Scottish football with his comments. Although, no-one can codone the threats he has recieved. Previous Celtic managers have handled themselves better. Sad to hear Hearts fans singing bigotry songs. Suppose it takes the heat off Rangers fans for a wee while though.Why does everyone get so wound up when Lennon speaks out? Take it with a pinch of salt and move on.

Shut the Old Firm grounds for all of next season.....and Hearts till Xmas.  Put the twit whio attacked Lennon in prison for 2 years and those who send mail boms for 5 years.I lived in Glasgow for a year, great place, lovely people....most folk are sick of the idiots (I think, it was hard to understand what they were saying!  )

Ian wrote (see)

Shut the Old Firm grounds for all of next season.....and Hearts till Xmas. 

Spot on

redboy (14.7) wrote (see)

KernowDevil wrote (see)

.....until the Scottish society in general start to change their frankly archaic views on religion and drop the whole disgraceful sectarianism, nothing will change.

You have no idea what you are talking about mate. Yeah there are a few idiots, but its like saying all muslims are terorists. See DandyDons comment above most people here don't care.

I see your point mate, maybe I should have been more specific with my comment rather than putting a blanket over the whole of Scotland. I apologise if I caused any offence, that was certainly not my intention. 

Pengwyn 7.0 \/ wrote (see)

Lets be fair here guys. No doubt this imbicile deserves to be slapped by the courts.But Lennon himself is an arse, an arse who appeals to and antagonises this type of idiot. Reap what you sow!

Dandy don (14.5) wrote (see)

Name of my religion,don't make me laugh,how many of these idiots chanting there stupid songs which no one gives a monkey about are regulars in the church on Sunday morning? They have no religion but use it as an excuse.

Both my parents are from Glasgow ( Catholics), I'm born and bread south east London, and I can't tell you how many times I went to a Rangers game at Ibrox because my cousin was blues fan due to my mum's sister marrying a Protestant, rest of the family are hoops fans. And he would only take me to a Rangers game, Growing up I just wanted to see a football game, and as I got older enough to take myself off to Parkhead, I did just that. I sat their Listening to all the songs the Rangers fans were singing, I personally think that it will never change.Like Billy Connelly said once,  "There will never be peace, whilst there shitting in our shoes and were pissing in there Bovril"

The moron who attacked Lennon has been charged with assault with religious prejudice.There will always be people who try to justify such an attack by saying Neil Lennon winds up the fans but he is someone whose main problem he is too much of a Celtic Fan to be a manager.  However, there is no justification for the attack on him.I have met Neil Lennon on a personal front and (as I also heard on the radio the day after the attack) he is a polite, well mannered gentleman.  He has been attacked before this and I bet in none of those instances was the attacker Catholic.  The trouble is at the moment, despite everybody's best efforts the situation is deteriorating at  the moment and Lennon is just a handy target for people.  It cuts both ways and until all these prejudice people get a lobotomy I honestly can't see a solution. 

Robster wrote (see)

The moron who attacked Lennon has been charged with assault with religious prejudice.There will always be people who try to justify such an attack by saying Neil Lennon winds up the fans but he is someone whose main problem he is too much of a Celtic Fan to be a manager.  However, there is no justification for the attack on him.I have met Neil Lennon on a personal front and (as I also heard on the radio the day after the attack) he is a polite, well mannered gentleman.  He has been attacked before this and I bet in none of those instances was the attacker Catholic.  The trouble is at the moment, despite everybody's best efforts the situation is deteriorating at  the moment and Lennon is just a handy target for people.  It cuts both ways and until all these prejudice people get a lobotomy I honestly can't see a solution. 

Totally Agree with above