Celtic

32 posts / 0 new
Celtic

fantastic result hope u now go and get a least a point against Benfica to qualify for the next round.

come on you Hoops   woop woop

lol

Bunch of *****

good result

I used to get behind any british team when in Europe but I won't give Celtic a second look now with their refusal to allow Poppy Sales at the ground and once again disgusting banners werre on show again at the ground. Their a disgrace.

Did they win the CL last night?

Poppy ban is true as reported in broad sheets and quotes from John Ried.

It's broadsheets, not broad sheets and Reid not Ried. Not the only things you got wrong. Shouldn't you be checking the Third division scores?

How refreshing, another forum that has members that feel the need to correct people on their grammar. I'll leave Golf Magic with these people that obviously get off on correcting peoples weaknesses and wish you all a festive goodbye.    

Its obviously not aimed at you paddy, you didn't correct me on my spelling did you? Last post, thank you.

Come back ya wee mad radge.

Mad Max wrote (see)

Poppy ban is true as reported in broad sheets and quotes from John Ried.

Can you link that please, I could find no such info, and have heard no such rumour.

Story out in 2010 where some Celtic fans held anti-poppy banners. Most recent I saw.

Bridgey (12.6 and getting worse) wrote (see)

Story out in 2010 where some Celtic fans held anti-poppy banners. Most recent I saw.

Aye old news that, for which Celtic I believe banned the offending winkers

Here's a more recent story - Oct 2012, shows the other side of Celtic, for those who are interested in true facts.  

Mad Max wrote (see)

Its obviously not aimed at you paddy, you didn't correct me on my spelling did you? Last post, thank you.

Some sensitive souls on here....

Ach, my team Dundee United have played Barcelona in four competitive games and beaten them on every occasion! Easy team to beat.

zombie wrote (see)

Ach, my team Dundee United have played Barcelona in four competitive games and beaten them on every occasion! Easy team to beat.

Xbox dont count

Nice one Mary. Fed up with these internet "stories" from the follow follow brigade

I believe the silence wa sperfectly observed today?   Pity about James McLean at Sunderland.   And congrats St Johnstone for giving the Dons he chance to go top next week

There is tossers at all football grounds that shout/ sing/ swear/have banners that offend someone. I support the poppy and find people disgraceful to say the least. But we are talking about a minority here. Liverpool/Man U / Chelsea to name just three teams sing nasty things towards each other yet this is Minority.

So come on the hoops

Hadn't wanted to comment until the job was done,but what a phenomenal run from the Bhoys. To come out of that group as 4th seeds, beat Barca & be 30 secs away from a point in the Nou Camp is jus phenomenal.

Tonight we got no favours from Barca,but did what we had to do. I've often been a Lennon critic, mainly due to his actions, but you can't question if he has a good footballing brain & I think the lack of any bigoted distractions this year have calmed him down.

Well done the Hoops & I hope there more good news for Scottish football in the near future. Hopefully the death of the SPL & Scottish football being run by 1 competent body. Of course there is more chance of Celtic winning the CL than something sensible like that happening!

Fantastic that they did it without needing the favour from Barca. The remaining time after their 2nd goal seemed to go on for ever! Fingers crossed for a favourable draw on Friday.

Brilliant result!!!

I see Mad max must be loving the run the hoops are on Hail Hail

Now they gotta go to Juve with a 3 (away) goal deficit, Good luck with that Bhoys! 

Watched the match and thought Celtic were very unlucky

Hardly. 3-0 is harsh on them but the gulf in savvy was huge.

Well it had to come crashing down at some point. It was about the best display Celtic have put in this CL campaign, but ultimately the finishing of Juve and defensive errors cost us dear. Think they perhaps deserved a win overall, but 3-0 was very harsh imo. Juve came with a game plan to let us play expansive football to a point, then did to us what we did to Barca. Gutted to say the least, but the run has been more than could ever have been expected from a team that cost about £10m less to assemble than Jordan Henderson alone.

the italians were simply better all over the park, clinical in defense and attack, IMHO the shirt pulling has to stop but it appears to be accepted in europe, in the U.K celtic would have been awarded 2-3 penalties, the defender was shoving hooper in to the net not interested in the ball, I was at the game,IMHO 0-3 totally flattered them however they are a class act and may go on and win the thing, steep learning curve for a very young celtic team

Some of those Juve defenders must be related to Mick McManus, last time I saw that much grappling was on World of Sport.

1) Getting no change out of the ref 2) Playing against much better players ...Well, that's what the rest of the Scottish League have to put up with every game against the Old Firm!