Cowards Tackle

8 posts / 0 new
Cowards Tackle

Anyone seen the "tackle" by Colocini today for his red card? I think tackles  like that could potentially end a players career so should be punished  severely!!
Any thoughts??

Nope, rarely watch much English football. What I do think is that players get booked/sent off for next to nothing nowadays. the art of tackling, especially sliding tackles is being taken out of the game.  

Def agree about the art of tackling. The red card today was for a potentially career endin challenge ........awful!!

I think the biggest crime was to attempt to hack him down and totally miss , the only way to stop the wriggling little git is to give him a good kick , id of got him nice and early in the game .

I don't think it was as bad as it looked. He was trying to pull out of it and he didn't touch him, if he wanted to "do" him I'm sure he would have made contact. Though the red card was correct because it could have done some damage if he caught him, which would have been a shame.

Been going on for years. Don't know now you can practically stop it. Dean Saunders IMO deliberately "did" that Chelsea defender, who was finished after that. Fashanu deliberately IMO elbowed Gary Mabbutt, fracturing his cheekbone. Worst part about the latter example was that the FA were reported to have watched the incident (probably with their eyes shut ) 86 or so times in slow motion, to conclude there was no intent.
I did wonder if a ban equivalent to the period the victim is sidelined for would ever be workable, but I can't see how.
What about a midfield enforcer, why is allowed to give opponents a slap?

tak wrote (see)

Def agree about the art of tackling. The red card today was for a potentially career endin challenge ........awful!!

Have now seen the tackle on SSN, so with respect to your OP and this follow up - utter nonsense.

Tiger Wes (13) wrote (see)

I don't think it was as bad as it looked. He was trying to pull out of it and he didn't touch him, if he wanted to "do" him I'm sure he would have made contact. Though the red card was correct because it could have done some damage if he caught him, which would have been a shame.

^^is the correct answer, only showed it a couple of times, but looked like he basically missed the other player.

Agree with the above, he missed him after commiting himself and couldn't pull out of the momentum. Has anyone on here actually tried to do the same thing and stop themselves. Seems a pretty nigh on impossibility. And to call him a coward, wake up folks, the Taliban are cowards not Colocini.