Mick McCarthy Sacked

13 posts / 0 new
Mick McCarthy Sacked

Well after nearly 6 years in charge at Molineux McCarthy has been sacked. Not surpising really having only won one of their last 13 games,been beaten 5-1 at home by there bitters rivals WBA and currently sat in the relegation places. Who do we think will be next for the chop in the PL?

I reckoned Wolves would get relegated... WBA have something about them as do Swansea .. Wolves are just plainly bad entertainment.

Like you say Yorkey, not surprising really with the results they have been getting.  Who do the get in now and would it not have been better to do it before the transfer window closed???

Who did they bring in when it was open?

Shocking really. Just what do these stupid people expect from these also ran clubs (all execept the top 6)?

I'm not sure there is anyone else who could do a better job - although it probably didn't help McCarthy that Swansea and Norwich are doing so much better on limited resources. I liked his no-nonsense Yorkshire honesty, I hope he lands another job soon.

I've mentioned before on here, but my favourite McCarthy story comes from Frank McAvennie...... 2 minutes into a game, Frank decides to get his retaliation in first and clobbers Big Mick. McCarthy dusts himself down and glowers at McAvennie - "You've just made the biggest mistake of your life - I'm the hardest b*stard in this league, and you've just given yourself 88 minutes to find out why". And the big man was as good as his word. Ah, them were the days - proper football!

you could see this happening a mile off

McStumpy wrote (see)

I'm not sure there is anyone else who could do a better job - although it probably didn't help McCarthy that Swansea and Norwich are doing so much better on limited resources. I liked his no-nonsense Yorkshire honesty, I hope he lands another job soon.

There is a vacancy at Leeds

Although I thought he was a good journey man type of manager there was something about his attitude when being interviewed that I found irritating, He was always looking to try and give a clever answer to a perfectly ordinary question just like Kenny Dalglish who I find a total arse.

Do you think they got Roy Keane in to do the job on Mick: "I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f!ckn w@nkr and you can stick your World Cup up your ar5e."

Just considered this and I think McCarthy should get the England job; proven experience at international level, working with players of limited ability and managing some difficult/arrogant characters.

Nah, what about Paul Lambert