Rangers into Administration

161 posts / 0 new
Rangers into Administration

Take that ye cheats!

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/297387-rangers-to-go-into-administration/

Can't say I'm surprised and I hope now the public will get to see the accounts & how much trouble they are in. I know as a Dons fan you won't care about my team,but Celtic have been balancing the books for years whilst Rangers have continued to spend,so no sympathy whatsoever. Celtic do need Rangers for interest in the league,but I hope this sets them back years & they suffer for their exorberant spending for the last few decades.

How can one of the biggest clubs in the country go into Administration.  They only have to keep up with one club.  Its not like the Premier League where you have to try to keep up with 5/6 teams all trying to buy the best players, with 2 of these clubs backed by billionaires.

Paddyjk wrote (see)

Is there any  penalty for this like there is in England?

They'll get 10 points, which is now meaningless (but funny). Their big issue is with HMRC, if they lose in court, they could well be wound up. It is likely a national holiday will be declared on that day

Yeah that will make the football in Scotland even more interesting.

Paddyjk wrote (see)

fatshaft wrote (see)
Paddyjk wrote (see)

Is there any  penalty for this like there is in England?

They'll get 10 points, which is now meaningless (but funny). Their big issue is with HMRC, if they lose in court, they could well be wound up. It is likely a national holiday will be declared on that day

Yeah 10 points is not really a big deal. Maybe they might do like Leeds and knock it off the start of next season?

Rangers will want it now, they know the league is lost. Leeds was different, they waited till the death of the season didn't they?

Ah the football club business model... fails everytime! Do you know the saying "To win you will lose and to lose you can win" its the old financial argument we apply to motorsport but lose lose is the end of you.

Whatever the outcome, this makes me smile.

Rangers will never never be wound up some sort of deal will be done, as for the 10 point deduction well that will not bother them one jot either, IMO they were never going to win the league this year and will still finish 2nd.

Its like Liverpool fans getting exited about a 10 point deduction for Man Utd, it wouldn't matter as they would still finish above them

^^ Might interest the Spurs fans though

Bloody Suarez. Will he stop at nothing until all of British football is in ruins?

^^^^

I see Portsmouth are in administration too. Again! Do you think if Harry takes the national job England will go into administration after the 2014 WC?

This is a test case ........if HRMC win ..then there are another 4 clubs they will go after.  Two in the Premier League.  10 points doesn't matter but suspect loss of control of spending on players and wages will hurt more in the long run.

Ken Mavor (12.5) wrote (see)

This is a test case ........if HRMC win ..then there are another 4 clubs they will go after.  Two in the Premier League. 

SPL? Hearts and Dundee United? Or proper football teams?

Hearts is one........ Other two are in the English Premier League with foreign owners....

Hearts is one........ Other two are in the English Premier League with foreign owners....

Blackburn and QPR?

I thought QPR were minted??? Blackburn & Man City please god

Chelsea and Citeh would be the best. My guess is Sunderland and Villa.

I think Blackburn are a safe bet.  

Man Utd and Chelsea please

As a fellow yorkshireman i will let you this slight misdemeanor, please make sure it doesnt happen again

Tiger Wes (13) wrote (see)

As a fellow yorkshireman i will let you this slight misdemeanor, please make sure it doesnt happen again

A fellow Yorkshireman who supports a team from the wrong side of the hill

hhmm , well i did start to support them when i lived in Kent

And what would you prefer Bradford

Tiger Wes (13) wrote (see)

And what would you prefer Bradford

Yup

nah, and the reds go marching on

It won't be my little team. We've just flogged another player for a reputed £300K

Oh and as for the OP. LOL

Yorkey wrote (see)

Rangers will never never be wound up some sort of deal will be done, as for the 10 point deduction well that will not bother them one jot either, IMO they were never going to win the league this year and will still finish 2nd.

There's a very good chance they will be. The HMRC don't do deals, they will want the full whack, nothing less.

Claverhouse wrote (see)

This is a test case ........if HRMC win ..then there are another 4 clubs they will go after.  Two in the Premier League. 

SPL? Hearts and Dundee United? Or proper football teams?

fatshaft wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

There's a very good chance they will be. The HMRC don't do deals, they will want the full whack, nothing less.

Unless it's with Vodafone.

Paddyjk wrote (see)

fatshaft wrote (see)
Yorkey wrote (see)

Cant see it myself. If pompey can survive winding up orders then I guess rangers will to.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/rangers-administration-cva-nae-chance/

i cant imagine the state of glasgow if rangers got wound up, have you seen the police presence round ibrox tonight. 

A Celtic fan near my desk broke the news this afteroon, he was grinning like a Chesire cat. I described it as schadenfreude...... And then had to explain to him what that meant.

And as a Hearts fan, am worried re this HMRC stuff.

just read your link fatshaft, dunno how true it is laws wise but makes pretty worrying reading...

McStumpy wrote (see)

A Celtic fan near my desk broke the news this afteroon, he was grinning like a Chesire cat. I described it as schadenfreude...... And then had to explain to him what that meant.

OF fans are more obsessed with the team they don't support than the one they do.

Cheers Big Ears wrote (see)

just read your link fatshaft, dunno how true it is laws wise but makes pretty worrying reading...

Link is broken. A lot of info here http://rangerstaxcase.com/

Paddyjk wrote (see)

Does it really make a difference to Rangers? They will finish 2nd, even with the 10 pt deduction.

It's bigger, much bigger, than their 2011/12 league position.

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Paddyjk wrote (see)

Does it really make a difference to Rangers? They will finish 2nd, even with the 10 pt deduction.

It's bigger, much bigger, than their 2011/12 league position.

This. It is very very likely, much more than 50/50 that they are Third Lanarked here. Of course they will reform somehow, but Huns FC as we know them will in all likelyhood cease to exist.

http://i.imgur.com/PbMYI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EWN5B.gif

Picked this up from another forum, sums up my thoughts on the matter pretty well: "I'm old enough to remember when Celtic nearly went to the wall and I don't remember any Rangers fans or the media talking about the good of Scottish Football. In fact, the Sunday Mail even had the hearse turn up at CP and the headline "Celtic RIP".The last time Rangers were in the grubber in the 1980's, Aberdeen and Dundee United won the league and competed in European Finals. Hearts came within 7 mins of winning the league. Scottish football was vibrant and competitive. That all stopped after the game was completely distorted by Rangers in 1987. They racked up £100 million of debt up to 2001 destroying competition. And then since 2001 they have used HMRC as a credit card to continue that. They have to pay the piper now. Simple as that.While I have the utmost sympathy for the average joes working at Rangers who may lose their jobs as the result of an ego-maniac (Murray) and a conman (Whyte) - in football terms Rangers need to be punished for their financial doping as Platini would call it. I hope they don't go bust but are severely hamstrung for years to come."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/400486_316234518415728_109005109138671_891358_1586585194_n.jpg

Someone at Hearts must have been cacking themselves over the last few days at what has gone on at Rangers with HMRC.  It is being reported that they have just paid up the sum that was due the HMRC.

Someone at Hearts must have been cacking themselves over the last few days at what has gone on at Rangers with HMRC.  It is being reported that they have just paid up the sum that was due the HMRC.

and allegedly this is the thin end of the wedge, HMRC win this, and the big boys in england are next.

Pages