Scottish Cup

19 posts / 0 new
Scottish Cup

Forfar v Dons - I'll be there, first away game since QotS semi-final debacle

John Huggan is an adopted Loon, see if you can spot his shiny pate in the stand. Hearts are playing (non league) Auchinleck. I bet Auchinleck never thought they'd be playing a SPL team where their own players had been paid more in the past month.

You're meant to be a Dandy min, don't talk about cup games v lower league opposition till the games over

I'm trying reverse psychology here GD, thinking and talking about the loss before it happens

McStumpy wrote (see)

John Huggan is an adopted Loon, see if you can spot his shiny pate in the stand. Hearts are playing (non league) Auchinleck. I bet Auchinleck never thought they'd be playing a SPL team where their own players had been paid more in the past month.

Such a shame Auchinleck not at home too, it was nearly a superb draw all round, but be a great day for them and junior football.

Right, now we can breathe, I want Ross Co. next round so me and my mate can get some banter on the go. Big shout out to the poor hard working unpaid players that just about squeezed past the goliaths Auchinleck Talbot

Haha, Dons win and 4-0 on the coupon, shame my 4-0 McCardle scorecast free bet from the EE didn't come in

It was indeed inspired.

I love the way I can't identify the teams in first post!

Ian wrote (see)

It does seem to be a Scottish thing that more often than not, our teams are known by their nicknames rather than the actual team name.  (obviously Sellick & Rankers are neither of those)

Motherwell v MortonSt Mirren/Hamilton v Ross CountyInverness/Dunfermline v CelticAyr v FalkirkRangers v Dundee UtdHearts v St Johnstone Hibernian v Dundee/KilmarnockAberdeen v Queen of the South Ties to be played on 4/5 February

That'll be another 4-3 then?!

fatshaft wrote (see)

Ian wrote (see)

It does seem to be a Scottish thing that more often than not, our teams are known by their nicknames rather than the actual team name.  (obviously Sellick & Rankers are neither of those)

Also a few Scottish teams have names that are disconnected, or loosely connected from where they play (St Johnstone, St. Mirren, Hibs, Hearts, Morton, Queen of the South, Albion Rovers (!), Raith Rovers etc.) whereas almost all the English teams are geographically easy to place. Off the top of my head I cannot think of one that is not named after a town, or part of a town. Edit - Port Vale? And you could argue Arsenal I guess.

Aye but they don't play there, nor are they called that! Hence arguable.

Mind you, Morton are actually Greenock Morton, and I'm sure we all know the famous "they'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight" quote

Draw opening up this year for a shock winner now that the Huns are gone, and the Tims with a toughh away game to the Arabs. Now if only the Dons can avoid yet another debacle against the Doonhamers

Hibs are still in it Paddy, yup Celtic are still in there as well.

Yup, Dundee United

Well, they did knock out rangers