Sport Trivia...

1067 posts / 0 new

Ok, did Dortmund beat UTD in the semis that year?? The last one has to an italian.

Tiger Wes (13) wrote (see)

Ok, did Dortmund beat UTD in the semis that year?? The last one has to an italian.

I think they did. And no he's not, he may be a bit obscure but he shouldn't be as he's won the league and cup in four countries, two european cups and also managed one of the best teams ever to play in a world cup final. Didn't win that though.

Nope.

Is the goalkeeper Dino Zoff? His carreer coincided with Pele's.

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Is the goalkeeper Dino Zoff? His carreer coincided with Pele's.

Nope

Then Pele's wrong! 

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Then Pele's wrong! 

And you'll think so even more when you know the answer!

Peter Bonetti?

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Peter Bonetti?

Spot on!

Tim E wrote (see)

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Peter Bonetti?

Spot on!

Ha ha! The Mull postie. Pele never disappoints, does he?

Sacchi, Hiddink or van Gaal?

Harry Putter wrote (see)

Sacchi, Hiddink or van Gaal?

Right national team, wrong managers.

He managed one of the 70s Dutch WC Final teams, yes.

Ernst Happel - won European Cup with Feyenord in 1970 (beating Celtic in final) and Hamburg in 1983. Won both league and cup in Germany, Holland, Belgium and Austria and took Holland to WC final in 1978.  Plus loads of other honours. Can't think of many with a better record spread over different clubs/countries. He died about 10 years ago. Two notable defeats - Holland lost to Ally McLeod's Scotland in 1978 (including that goal) and Hamburg lost the Super Cup (over 2 legs) to Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen in 1983.

Consecutive or total? I'm going to guess West Ham.

Guess at Sheff UItd? Give us a clue, geographically.

Blackpool?

Fulham?

I'm asking round the office but they're all a bit young and only relate to the PL. Southampton?

Paddyjk wrote (see)

nope. very cold

Is that a geographical clue?

Middlesbrough?

Middlesbrough?

Bolton Wanderers?

F1 - most races without a win? F1 - most races before 1st win?

Button without a win?! Nope - wrong although both are quite high up the list of most before 1st.

Fisichella most races before a win..Most races without a win heidfeld?

actually instead of heidfeld what about trulli?

Someone who has never won. Heidfeld 2nd on list never won list. Trulli (who won a race) is high up the 1st win list, as is Fisi. 5th & 3rd respectively.

try mark webber.. you forget how long he has been about for most races before a win. No races won ...

Martin Brundle must be in there at some point.. he was dreadful

Yep - Webber. He won his 130th race.

Bet you the other answer is some italian ... and not poor old Luca Badoer either

He's Italian  Brundle 3rd on that list.

brundel never won anything .. he over plays his abilities he is a great british loser

in f1  that is .. sports cars are different because they are not all professional drivers and Brundel would have looked okay with anoth pro driver and a young up coming one. Plus of cause some dodgey fueling if it was the jags... I miss old Tom he was amusing but a straight talker

Sorry I meant Brundle 3rd on list of most races without win. Answering you and Paddy with one post. Wouldn't want to be accused of maximising points you know!

Paddyjk wrote (see)

luizzi?

not been around long enough... but he is trying hard!

Didn't Tom cheat everywhere?

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Didn't Tom cheat everywhere?

not every where .. and technically its not cheating in motorsport if you don't get caught.. so please have some respect for Tom, he was a good man.

Ok - using regs to the max. And yes, he was  good man.

Andrea de cesaris .. by the way

Chris Tandy wrote (see)

Andrea de cesaris .. by the way

Correct!

Who was the 1997 f3000 winner and where did he race directly after winning that championship...oh and for extra points name his engineer that followed him.

Tricky but I'll think about it. Was F3000 the step below F1 then?

yup so you should be familiar with the drivers .. wining it did not mean greatness though

Montoya and Jock Clear? A bit of an educated guess and after that I'm struggling,

montoya did win but not 1997, but jock clear was villeneuve / coulthards engineer at williams

So wrong and wrong!

Which side at one time had 6 past, present and future England Captains in the same team, and if your really clever name the year?

Yorkey wrote (see)

Which side at one time had 6 past, present and future England Captains in the same team, and if your really clever name the year?

Are you talking football? If it's rugby or cricket it would have to be a South African side. 

Pages