super bowl

12 posts / 0 new
super bowl

So who is going to win ,is it going to be two in a row for the seahawks or are the mighty patriots going to reclaim the title.

I will be watching will you

I really do think that its all fixed. One minute they play like gods next they are like little school kids with no idea. I find it very perplexing.  EG????? That missed tackle by Green Bay. Well not even a missed tackle. No attempt by the defender to "make a play for the ball" when my mum could have got it.  It's still the best game in the world though! Brady and the Pats I think, but they had better be ready for Wilson's darting runs. 

Before you all dive in Golf    IS NOT A GAME !

If they played the super bowl in my garden. ... I'd shut the curtains!

Just can't get into the game...I have tried too!

The overall game takes too long.  Too many breaks, stoppages, time outs. I used to watch it every week when it was first on Channel 4 (the good old John Riggins days) but can only watch it truncated now. And it's not the best game in the world.  By a long chalk.  Rugby League players do it all without the silly padding.

That's about it.

American football the best game/sport in the world? Not as long as they play Australian Rules Football it won't be. Pace, skill, aggression, sportsmanship - it's got the lot. Plus both codes of Rugby are better than American Football

Robster - the good old John Riggins days - You and me both!

Tim E wrote (see)

American football the best game/sport in the world? Not as long as they play Australian Rules Football it won't be. Pace, skill, aggression, sportsmanship - it's got the lot. Plus both codes of Rugby are better than American Football

Aussie Rules is just men fighting. Rugby Union is dull as ditchwater. League is just run / stop / run / stop. NFL is thought out plays designed to open up defences. And as for the stop start bit. Premier league / all top flight footie is stop start, with girls rolling around on the floor for nothing, trainer comes on, magic spray, boing ! up and running. Free kicks take and age to sort out. zzzzzzzzz.  I will admit NFL is not for TV viewing, but is awesome live !  And Riggins.....grind it out football. Blurgggg.

^^^^^^"Free kicks take ages.", vs "Well thought-out plays designed to open up defences." Make your mind up, John!   No game / sport can arse about like NFL can!

American Football has 46 players swapping all the time Is more "stop/start" than most games I know 30 seconds between each play Runners who do well to make one yard, let alone 10 Passes that never get to the intended receiver It's DULL!  DULL!  DULL! Have a look at some of these stats here And as for Rugby League being run/stop/run/stop firstly 1. What the heck do you think American Football is? 2. You obviously don't watch much Rugby League.  That's an old chestnut which just isn't true.

" I will admit NFL is not for TV viewing, but is awesome live ! "So I recorded it.  Well didn't everyone? Great game!!! I thought one team would get on top early and run away with it.  What a horrendous end of game (if you are a Seahawks fan). An amazing catch that everyone thought was dead that opened up a massive chance to win the game. Then you've got four goes from one yard out with two timeout left to get the ball into the end zone with a human tank in your armoury.  (Sort of like four goes at a penalty to score with limited time to play).  Simple. Give it to your tank to run it in. But no. They throw the ball. Dear oh dear. What was the coach thinking??????