tennis. spoiler alert

25 posts / 0 new
tennis. spoiler alert

I have hedged my bets so I win either way. Fancy Murray to win though, Djoko looks down.

Shall I support the other bloke just cos Andy is a Scot?  Na, I would never be that small minded. No interest in tennis to be honest

Ian wrote (see)

Shall I support the other bloke just cos Andy is a Scot?  Na, I would never be that small minded.

It's on the bbc website.

...or go to the pub 

Does posting on forums 'go down well' at work?

so whats the score now?

Think murray is out he looks nowhere...

Looking good for the Djok but never can tell with Murray. Amazing us Scots being Tennis fans!? On ESPN HD live here and sport on a great time

ESPN HD free weekend .. this weekend to sell the channel

Murray has woken up...

Murray lost ...

No disgrace is taking the Number 1 to five sets........he is closing the gap, but coming up a smidge short!  Save it for Wimbledon Andy!!

Not like the Womens game where the #1 generally runs away with it.

That was a mighty tennis match. Chris - the women's game is quite the opposite. #1 going in to the tournament, Caroline Wozniacki (Rory's girl) has never come close to winning a major. Prior to that it was Safina, and the same story. It goes back a few years.

Fantastic game of tennis.  You can't fault Murray for his effort.  Just beaten by a (slightly) better man on the day.

I would like him to win some time,if only to find out if he really is such a miserable,boring twat.

Not a big tennis fan but have to say that was some match to watch, have a feeling the miserable git will win a grand slam one day.

?

nope.. don't have 6 hours for tennis

I'm not sure there will be a bigger sporting story this year than the running rivalry between Djokovic, Nadal, Murray & Federer. With the Olympics added to the four majors we will get a bit of a bonus too. I also expect Murray to climb to No.2 for two reasons: he does not have many points to defend between now and Paris, and Roger and Rafa are probably a bit below his level right now. My predictions for the remaining big tournaments: Paris: Djokovic beats Rafa in final (the only one Novak has not won in the past year) Wimbledon: Djokovic beats Murray in final Olympics: Murray beats Federer in final US: Murray to beat Djokovic in final (by this time Djokovic and Murray are ranked 1 & 2)

Claverhouse wrote (see)

I'm not sure there will be a bigger sporting story this year than the running rivalry between Djokovic, Nadal, Murray & Federer.

This always amuses me how Murray is grouped with these 3. Djokovic, Nadal and Federer have 31 Grand Slam titles between them from 45 finals. Murray has ..err 0 from 3. A bit out of his league there I'd suggest?

Paddyjk wrote (see)

you think murray will actually care about the Olympics? Last time he looked like he couldnt wait to lose.

Four years on he has established himself as a top player and will fancy the idea of a gold medal.

Harry Putter wrote (see)

Claverhouse wrote (see)

I'm not sure there will be a bigger sporting story this year than the running rivalry between Djokovic, Nadal, Murray & Federer.

This always amuses me how Murray is grouped with these 3. Djokovic, Nadal and Federer have 31 Grand Slam titles between them from 45 finals. Murray has ..err 0 from 3. A bit out of his league there I'd suggest?

The only thing that matters is now. Federer is history, Nadal is limited. Djokovic is the standard and Murray is on to him. Wait and see.

In January Claverhouse wrote (see)

My predictions for the remaining big tournaments: Paris: Djokovic beats Rafa in final (the only one Novak has not won in the past year) Reversed Wimbledon: Djokovic beats Murray in final Federer beat Djokovic in semi, then beat Murray Olympics: Murray beats Federer in final Spot on US: Murray to beat Djokovic in final (by this time Djokovic and Murray are ranked 1 & 2) Put your money on this happening!

Hi all