Terry to face trial AFTER Euro finals

20 posts / 0 new
Terry to face trial AFTER Euro finals

FA must be relieved about that !!

That raises the moral question of whether he should represent England whilst awaiting trial.

Paddyjk wrote (see)

Innocent till proven guilty?

It's John Terry we're talking about!

So much for fast track justice?!

Harry Putter wrote (see)

So much for fast track justice?!

Indeed, what an absolute joke.

I've read the report of this on the BBC news page and it appears that this is justice taking it's normal course. A plea of not guilty was entered on his behalf at the Magistrates court and therefore a date was set for a full hearing. Presumably if he had pleaded guilty then he would have been sentenced today (the maximum penalty being a £2500 fine). Why is everyone getting so heated?

Tim E wrote (see)

I've read the report of this on the BBC news page and it appears that this is justice taking it's normal course. A plea of not guilty was entered on his behalf at the Magistrates court and therefore a date was set for a full hearing. Presumably if he had pleaded guilty then he would have been sentenced today (the maximum penalty being a £2500 fine). Why is everyone getting so heated?

Spot the Chelsea fan 

Heated ?!?

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Tim E wrote (see)

Spot the Chelsea fan 

Guilty as charged (unlike JT - yet) and proud of it

The FA are being mugs on this. If he is found guilty after the finals the world we see that the English Captain is a racist. We all know he did it, so does he and so do the FA. Even if he is found not guilty the FA should discipline him anyway. The police beat them to it because the evidence is so convincing.

No idea about whether or not he is a racist. But being a lout isn't illegal ....yet

No action until after Euro 2012? Ah well, At least he can lead his team into Poland like that other racist from the 1940's, What was his name? Adolf something?

Well the FA have taken step 1 and removed the captaincy from him. Doesn't stop Capello from picking him though.

And the Ballotelli incident.. was't that grievous bodily harm? I mean you get verbal handbags and racism and then you get physical violence .. I cannot understand the justice system too PC and not enough discipline do one, do the other...

I accept the JT is a CHAV with dubious moral credentials...but it is a joke. A heat of the moment incident should have been sorted without the police and CPS involvement. Suarez pleaded guilty to the FA charge - why is he not being prosecuted? Seems to me if you are an England Captain and a member of the indigenous population this is enough to justify a prosecution! Good Lord, we can't even deport dangerous terrorists out of the country...pathetic.

Suarez didnt plead guilty did he?

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

Suarez didnt plead guilty did he?

Don't think so

Ray Rapp wrote (see)

I accept the JT is a CHAV with dubious moral credentials...but it is a joke. A heat of the moment incident should have been sorted without the police and CPS involvement. Suarez pleaded guilty to the FA charge - why is he not being prosecuted? Seems to me if you are an England Captain and a member of the indigenous population this is enough to justify a prosecution! Good Lord, we can't even deport dangerous terrorists out of the country...pathetic.

Not sure what you're hinting at here but to clarify: John Terry's case was passed to the CPS and he was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence after a member of the public made a complaint to the police. The FA cannot deal with it until the criminal case is over. Luis Suarez was dealt with by an FA appointed panel after a complaint was made to the referee. Although the option of a complaint to the police was available, none was made therefore there can be no criminal charge.

So if I made a complaint to the police as a member of the public about Suarez's conduct he would get charged...dream on.

Ray Rapp wrote (see)

So if I made a complaint to the police as a member of the public about Suarez's conduct he would get charged...dream on.

If you were present at the time of the "offence" and made a complaint, of course he would of... The FA have set a standard with Suarez now, ain't no going back... The FA used Suarez as a benchmark and it looks like the plod are going to do the same with JT...... Hope he has everything in order for the Crown...