Tour de france

6 posts / 0 new
Tour de france

Anybody watch Le Tour this weekend, team sky and wiggins stamped there authority all over it, which was great to see.

Not a road biker myself but do enjoy a bit of mountain biking but must say I have really enjoyed following the TDF for the last couple of weeks.

First ever british winner, first ever team first and second (Chris Froome), felt very proud watching the time trial saturday and then team sky delivering Cavendish for the stage win to pay back his hard work the last few weeks.

Was anyone one here really watching cycling when the final round of the Open was unfolding?

Ng result forgone conclusion as soon as nibali failed to gain time in alps.... Historic win and as great a sporting achievement as there is.  But even with intricate knowledge of tactics, a tdf with so few mountain top finishes and such long tt's it was heavily suited to Wiggins.  I was mighty impressed how he beat cancellara in the first tt though... That was outstanding. Pity drugs still scarred the event...

Don't get me wrong, huge achievement cos no Brit has ever won this before, but some numpties (on the radio this morning) are saying this is the biggest achievement in British Sport EVER!  Come off it!    

Ian wrote (see)

Was anyone one here really watching cycling when the final round of the Open was unfolding?

It was timed quite nicely so you could flick over and watch the TDF then come back to see the Els charge and the Scott stumble. I agree with CBE that the route suited Wiggins, if there are more climbs and less time trials next year team sky might be best backing Froome.

I had to watch the final sprint regardless of the Open. Amazing that Wiggins helped launch Cavendish for a supreme finish and a great show of British domination in this years TDF. Yes, one of the best sporting achievements ever, for Britain. The TDF is a huge event