Wenger out?

46 posts / 0 new
Wenger out?
Interesting to hear some gunners fans calling for wengers head in the past few weeks. Wondered what you (Arsenal or non arsenal fans) thought about this, and who you'd have in to replace him.

The most over-rated manager in England.

Can't blame them really, for such a big club to have won nothing for 7 years is not really good enough.

Arsenal fans need to remember where they were before he came in.  Maybe Bruce Rioch could come back.

Heard a rumour that made me laugh. Pep guardiola to the emirates. No offence intended to arsenal fans but can't see him jumping from the strongest side in Europe at the moment to a ship that seems to be sinking.

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

Heard a rumour that made me laugh. Pep guardiola to the emirates. No offence intended to arsenal fans but can't see him jumping from the strongest side in Europe at the moment to a ship that seems to be sinking.

Think Real Madrid might have something to say about that.

Had a feeling someone would give them a mention think I was supposed to use the word arguably in there haha

Cant see Pep at Arsenal, but I can see Wenger at Madrid next season.  Wenger main fault is that he cannot build a defence.  When he arrived he had the best in the league, as they all retired he has never replaced them.

Have to say Jose has done a pretty impressive job at the bernabeu this season, will be interesting to see what happens there in the summer

^^^And where the chosen one is next year

I could see him back at Chelsea, but I hope not.  He should stay at Real until Old Trafford comes calling.

Na, can't see him back at chelski reckon he's on his way to Elland Road

Yorkey wrote (see)

What the hell have you been smoking, I doubt he knows who they are

Well avb hopes to be there for 20 plus years. After what it's been like at stamford bridge in recent years that made me laugh.

Tiger Wes (13) wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

What the hell have you been smoking, I doubt he knows who they are

Don't smoke, only inject

^^^ Only joking

Yorkey wrote (see)

^^^ Only joking

Damn, i was just about to ask for your dealers no

The arsenal defence has some class players in it .. at the moment they just are not gelling and RVP is only scoring. I would argue that he lacks any bite in the midfield and turns out skillful players that are fragile.. he needs simple and strong in certain places up the field .. He loaned out Frimpong (or whatever his name was), although young he protected the back 4 (which with a defensive mid should only be 3) .. I wonder if there were other issues there or he is getting him premier leagues games.  Whether his days are numbered yes, they are, but not fairly as he has opted to spend the money that he has , we all could make super teams but we all would not balance the books ... just raise the cost of the season ticket by 150% and tell the gooners it's because you want the money to target super stars ... wonder if they will change their mind then??

I'm still undecided. He's done a superb job down the years but I can't help thinking a fresh face and different ideas might give them a lift. Not sure who though...

The books are balanced .. where else in the premiership can you say that and where are they in the table?

Apparently been given £55 Million to spend in the summer. Not sure whether thats true or not but it might be a good chance to see what he can do with the cash.

I thought spurs financial situation was not that clear. 

if ure gonna get rid of a manager of Wengers calibre you have to have a better one ready to step in and are there many better out there?? lfc fan...

Cant think of anyone special. Club like Arsenal should have no trouble attracting big names with a good reputation, just a case of getting the right man for the job and it wont be an easy choice.

I reckon Harry Redknapp could do a great job at Arsenal

How about Paul Lambert????? I'm surprised his fan club haven't been on yet

Not convinced red knapp will move to the emirates, although its been proven that being a rival club won't stop him

Wenger has done a great job at Arsenal, he should be given another chance to rebuild a new team. If they do want a change - Moyes would be the man to go for, he is pound for pound the best manger in the EPL, and it would be interesting to see how he would get on at a club with a bit more financial muscle.

I can see moyes ending up at old trafford when fergie finally decides to call it a day.

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

I can see moyes ending up at old trafford when fergie finally decides to call it a day.

I cant see it myself, i think they will go with someone who has a track record for winning trophies.  Moyes will end up at Spurs when Harry takes the England job.

Rafa

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

agree with that so does Fergie 

Who would you suggest for united tiger??

Anyone listen to SAF interview on 5 Live this evening? A great man. Wenger should stay at Arsenal as long as he wants to. He understands modern football more than 95% of the people in the game and certainly more than anyone in the media.

I'd takes Moyes myself, though like I said I dont think they will go for it.  Jose maybe, but to be honest I wouldnt want him.

Not sure Jose would take the job either, although I think it would be a great choice for them because like you say united want a manager who knows how to win trophies. He might be arrogant and at times a bit annoying, but there's no denying he's a top coach.

I think he's been waiting for the job for years.  The man knows how to win tropihies, but he doesnt play good football and he just a bit of a knob.

Paddyjk wrote (see)

McStumpy wrote (see)

Wenger has done a great job at Arsenal, he should be given another chance to rebuild a new team. If they do want a change - Moyes would be the man to go for, he is pound for pound the best manger in the EPL, and it would be interesting to see how he would get on at a club with a bit more financial muscle.

ISnt 7 years long enough to rebuild his team?

Harry's achievements?

Footballs all about results these days though I guess.

destroyed portsmouth financially 

Only one team can win each trophy and we only have 3 major comps per season.  The fans need to see that, when your trying to keep up with Chelski and Citeh sometimes second best is as good as you can get. When Fergie finally steps down I can see Utd going through a barren spell.

Uniteds squad isnt getting any younger either

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

Uniteds squad isnt getting any younger either

United's average age is the second youngest in the league!

Or any better. Only Fergie could win the league with that bunch of players.

Okay fair point, just a few of their big players are either about to retire or have already retired. I'll admit there's still a lot of promising young players there too.

I bet Alan Hansen wishes he'd never said that