Darren Clarke

12 posts / 0 new
Darren Clarke

Coming from the emerald Isle I have always taken an extra bit of interest in 'our local lads',  McGinley, McGrane, Clarke, McDowell, McIlroy, etc., and it's been fantastic to see McIlroy & McDowell in the winners enclosure this year with Lowry winning the regional qualifying for the Open Championship.

What worries me is big Darren's form recently with some good rounds being absolutely screwed with big numbers on one or two holes. I haven't seen them on TV so don't know if it's just been the rub of the green or a destructive swing or what.

What's going on with the big guy? McDowell commented after the Welsh Open that it is so hard to win out there now with so many people competing at a very high level so will Darren get back to regular top 10's, top 5's and winning soon?

I also hear on the grapevine that he is in a bind financially.Can't see him doing anything special this year but I think he has one or two big finishes left in him before the champions tour beckons

I want to scrap, period. I have a ton of photos waiting to be scrapped, but I need that extra push to get me going. I love the sound of a layout a day! Thanks for the giveaway! ----------------------------------------------- Buy DVD Online Dexter Season 6 DVD http://www.idealdvdmart.com/

Nookie wrote (see)

so will Darren get back to regular top 10's, top 5's and winning soon?

No chance, his form had been pants for a long time before his blind squirrel moment at The Open. He should plan for the seniors, no longer anywhere near good enough for the regular tour.

Styles wrote (see)

I also hear on the grapevine that he is in a bind financially.

Seeing as he's just won the Open, triggering a massive bonus from Dunlop (amongst other bonuses no doubt) never mind the winner's cheque, I find this more than unlikely.

fatshaft wrote (see)

Nookie wrote (see)

blind squirrel .

Blind squirrel? And no. Amazing fluke. He'll never do anything again.

Fatshaft, have you ever read anything about Mr Clarke's spending habits?  

Crazyface wrote (see)

fatshaft wrote (see)
Nookie wrote (see)

blind squirrel .

Blind squirrel? And no. Amazing fluke. He'll never do anything again.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occassionally

The first two posts were in June 2010 - so his Open win wasn't to be for just over 12 months

this thread was targeted by a spammer thats why it has been bumped to the top of the order. i reported it this morning.

Dick in Shorts(13.3) wrote (see)

The first two posts were in June 2010 - so his Open win wasn't to be for just over 12 months

Sorry DIS, see Funky's post, there was a bump and I hadn't oticed the old posts.

I think i read that Clarke has said that having won the Open he has achieved his ultimate goal and is perhaps struggling to find the same level of motivation having reached the summit.