Is the Ryder Cup rigged?

9 posts / 0 new
Is the Ryder Cup rigged?
Watching the golf this morning, it did occur to me that maybe it's all a big set up, just like all the wrestling you see on TV. Europe, (most people's favourites to be the whipping boys this year), get off to a great start on day one. No doubt maintain it over Saturday, then lose it in a dramatic collapse in the singles. Will make for a close contest and great TV... but perhaps it's all a bit too much of a coincidence? I reckon Scooby Doo and those pesky kids would have something to say on the matter.

Probably not fixed Alex, but a pretty good shout as to what will happen!!!

That's what happened in the Solheim also.

We choke in the singles - simple as that.

Can't win, won't win mentality.

And what the hell are you doing popping into the forum just to have a whinge Alex?

: o )

I think Europe will win this time, good strong characters like Clarke, Garcia, Monty and Harrington won't buckle in the singles a la Van De Velde, Sandelin and Coltart.

Coltart had no business being there. He, like the others you mention, were below the radar of Captain James. He sent them out to lose to players he figured no-one on his team could beat. What a morale boost to them and to the rest of the team, the better players who might have thought that they had a hope against the top US players, and might have had if there had been a thoughtful strategy in play. One of many misconceived strategies that lost the 1999 Ryder Cup.

Sam is sending out Fulke and Price, of whom he is not very certain, against the toughest US team. I hope they kick six, for a lot of reasons. Even if they don't, Mick and Toms being the obvious murderers' row of the US team, they will get blooded and be that much less tame on Sunday.

The Euros looked good today. Scores notwithstanding, there was not a dud in the bunch. Harrington played the worst. A team in which Harrington played the worst is usually a pretty tough team.

Well Alex?

Dunno who wrote the script for this one but it was a best seller.

Just shows - wildest dreams do come true.

Mmm - great result. Of course I don't believe it's fixed really.... but the way we won the singles yesterday still makes you wonder. But seriously, great performance from the European team and great outcome. I didn't think we had a chance at 8-8 !!