Johnson Nearly Blows it..

2 posts / 0 new
Johnson Nearly Blows it..

Zach Johnson forgot to replace his marker after moving it for Dufner and gets a 2 stroke penalty Luckily he had a 3 stroke lead and sunk the putt so managed to win but oh what fun we would have had if he had not been warned about it before signing his card and been disqualified from a winning position, there's those "stupid" rules again!! Since I saw Tiger turn his marker over when he moved it I have copied him and it always reminds me when I put my ball back.. Anybody else forgot to move their marker back with dire consequences????

happened to me in a pairs match dormi 2up and had to move my marker to allow my partner to putt,forgot to move the marker back and our opponents called it as my ball was in motion towards the hole.as my partner was out of it and i had a tap in par it was automatic loss of hole .cant say i was happy as our opponents were obviously banking on me not remembering to replace,the speed at which they called the foul was totally conclusive evidence that they knew it,and didnt say anything. i had the last laugh as i birdied the last to win 2 up.