Justin Rose

23 posts / 0 new
Justin Rose

Could this be the start of a couple of majors for this talented player.

Belief is half of it and now he has the monkey off his back can he do what others have done and follow up with one or two more?

Well done Rosey 

Excellent!!!  So pleased for him!  Great night's viewing, at desk now with one eye open

trawling the 'net!

Waiting for the 2nd coffee to kick in!

Huh - I'd rather be at work Ian - nice warm office, slinky PA, couple of coffees and lunch with a client at some foodie bistro. Stuck at home, having cancelled this mornings golf, due to unrelenting cold rain, refusing to put the central heating on though it needs it - with the prospect of a nice salad for lunch.

Just going to make myself a coffee 

sh!t - sh!t - sh!t  

Justin Rose - born in South Africa and lives in Florida ? Not bloody daft is he English my @rse   

Taz wrote (see)

Huh - I'd rather be at work Ian - nice warm office, slinky PA, couple of coffees and lunch with a client at some foodie bistro. Stuck at home, having cancelled this mornings golf, due to unrelenting cold rain, refusing to put the central heating on though it needs it - with the prospect of a nice salad for lunch.

If they do a new series of "One foot in the grave" you ought to send the BBC your CV!

Yeah well done Justin  

Ian wrote (see)

Taz wrote (see)

If they do a new series of "One foot in the grave" you ought to send the BBC your CV!

Meldrew - My Hero  

I don't believe it. 

I'm obviously a big girl.  Went to bed at 1030 last night and "taped" the golf to watch this morning. I don't even have a job just now, but needed to be up at 0600 to kick the lad out to skool. Happy to see Rose winning but what a tough golf course - 520yd par 4??  Mind you, the rough at my course is five times higher than Merion...

I had a fiver on Justin to win, I thought the way he carried himself and his speech after was impeccable - just goes to show nice guys do win.

I'm so pleased for him, and for all those who maintained the faith and knew he'd win a biggie one day. Just hope he bags a couple more.

Its amazing, he was so bad when he turned pro. But he worked hard and has turned out to be a great golfer. Many people would of been ruined by missing all those cuts in his early days. But he has a lovely, simple swing and seems a nice chap.

I reckon it will be the making of the bloke as a true contender. He has always seemed very grounded, cool and elegant, with a lovely wife and family. Good role model . . . so much better than club chuckers like McIlroy & Woods

I am suprised that American TV stayed on the air when Phil drove in the rough on 18.  I expected coverage of Rounders or betball to start!  

Very impressive, he looked in complete control all 4 days, and played the shots at the death when it mattered - a bit more luck, and it would have been a birdie birdie finish when the field were averaging nearly +2 for the two holes together. I normally get nervous watching in these positions, but he looked so calm I felt confident that with 6 to go he would win unless somebody went crazy on the last few. And when his tee shot on 18 stopped within inches of the Hogan plaque, you felt it was just meant to be.  

McStumpy wrote (see)

Very impressive, he looked in complete control all 4 days, and played the shots at the death when it mattered - a bit more luck, and it would have been a birdie birdie finish when the field were averaging nearly +2 for the two holes together. I normally get nervous watching in these positions, but he looked so calm I felt confident that with 6 to go he would win unless somebody went crazy on the last few. And when his tee shot on 18 stopped within inches of the Hogan plaque, you felt it was just meant to be.  

Was it the plaque or a sprinkler head?  

At last, he finally found the cajones to put 4 decent rounds together in a Major

Apparantly his plan for the four days was for each shot: Decide on the shot Execute the shot Accept the result Move on A lesson for us all there methinks?

Slamdunker wrote (see)

Apparantly his plan for the four days was for each shot: Decide on the shot Execute the shot Accept the result Move on A lesson for us all there methinks?

ha easier said than done......