Patrick Reed

8 posts / 0 new
Patrick Reed
Interesting read- http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/30/the-villain-patrick-reed/

If you were being kind, you would describe him as a driven, complex character. If less kind, I think you would have to label him a bit of an ars*?  

So he's a driven guy with a bit of a messy past.  So what?   As a bit of investigative journalism i guess it's interesting but i don't buy all this sh1t about navel gazing and "coming clean".  When the guy quotes Josh Gregory as saying "I’m hoping one day he’ll come out and have the honesty to talk about his past. " why?  Why are the Americans so hung up about this? If Reed doesn't want to talk about his college days (and christ knows if someone did an in depth expose of my life as a student it would make very uncomfortable reading!) why should he be compelled to?  Why not just let him be judged on his results and his behaviour going forwards and leave the past where it belongs.  Bl00dy yanks love their confessions and apologies. 

And all golfers hate cheats...

The subtext of his drinking exploits were of little concern, twice caught in the process of the 'C' word, that's a different matter where golf's concerned.

What Chis said. 

Just finished reading the article.  Cheating and stealing are not issues taken lightly.  Also in my 61 years of age these qualities are difficult to resolve and rectify.  In addition arrogance is a double edged sword.  Reed's career, until he confronts these issues, will be a stormy one I predict.  I feel sorry for the kid and hope that he can come to grips with them and perhaps realize his potential.  Golf is a spiritual game and ultimately requires reverence, respect, and humility to fully understand and excel.

Stroke Saver wrote (see)

I feel sorry for the kid and hope that he can come to grips with them and perhaps realize his potential.  Golf is a spiritual game and ultimately requires reverence, respect, and humility to fully understand and excel.

What a load of sententious guff.   

Great article. Well found McStumpy. No wonder Reed and the Ryder Cup crowd at Gleneagles both reacted the way they did. He's used to the crowd being against him in matchplay team events, and has a history of playing his best in that kind of environment.