Rory gets a two stroke penalty!!

6 posts / 0 new
Rory gets a two stroke penalty!!

Fined 2 shots for having his foot over the line on a spectator walkway, at least thats a rule that will never affect us, but for crying out loud its not as if its a hazard or a gur its a false part of the course caused because its a pro event, stupid rule!!  But I guess he knew the rule and screwed up buts its another case of Golf shooting itself in the foot!!

Surley its rory shooting himself in the foot, golf is doing nothing different. not knowing how to drop is a shootable offence these days, ask tiger.

Who are you calling Surley?

He said in the interview that the other caddy, Dave Renwick, saw that his foot was on the white line. Surely out of sportsmanship the caddie should have said to either Rory or JP at the time that the drop wasn't correct and not to leave it until the 18th green! 

Mindthepond wrote (see)

Fined 2 shots for having his foot over the line on a spectator walkway, at least thats a rule that will never affect us, but for crying out loud its not as if its a hazard or a gur its a false part of the course caused because its a pro event, stupid rule!!  But I guess he knew the rule and screwed up buts its another case of Golf shooting itself in the foot!!

He breached a rule that applies to all of us and in way that any of us could do.   If you are taking relief from any abnormal ground condition through the green , you must take complete relief. That is,  when you play your dropped ball, you must be completely free from the interference.  When Rory played. he still had a foot in the GUR and therefore breached Rule 25-1b which requires you take complete relief. We may not come across pedestrian walkways at our level of golf, but we do come across GUR ,casual water and animal holes often enough.  The pedestrian walkway in this instance would have been marked off as GUR.

Whilst I can understand Rory's frustration I suspect it's mainly as a result of his own stupidity - yet again! Rules is rules. Anyway, what was Rory's caddie doing at the time when this was going on? Great tournament with any number of players in with a shout. Mickleson should have won but for a 'blonde' moment.