Talkback: Dyson cleans up KLM hat-trick

11 posts / 0 new
Talkback: Dyson cleans up KLM hat-trick

A prize for the next sub-editor not to use a vacuuming / cleaning allegory in relation to Simon Dyson.

Given it's his 2nd win of the year and 3rd Dutch Open, perhaps "Simple for Simon" would have done the job?

PS.  I tried entering this under Talkback, but after hitting Submit it wasn't posting my update. Site problem?

I couldn't post to talk back either.

MTP not only a Brit but a good old York lad as well

Haha! Funny you should bring this up. I did have some fun ribbing Andy who thought he'd written the most original headline of all time... "Simple for Simon" is a nice idea, Stumps, but we have to think about SEO so need "Dyson" and "KLM" in the headline. As for the Talkback issue, I noticed this yesterday and it's in the hands of our trusty technicians now. I will attach this thread manually.

Yorkey wrote (see)

He's a disowned Yorkshireman, what sort of Yorkshireman could play in a tour event with a Man Yoo bag. I hate him with a passion.

Harry Putter wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

He's a disowned Yorkshireman, what sort of Yorkshireman could play in a tour event with a Man Yoo bag. I hate him with a passion.

Oh dear - trouble at Mill??

AP wrote (see)

Haha! Funny you should bring this up. I did have some fun ribbing Andy who thought he'd written the most original headline of all time...

He's gone and done it again ("Clean Sweep for Dyson") - I take it he's just winding me up now??OK, so we can't have "Simple for Simon". So how about - Dyson Flying High?   (with obvious hook into "KLM" from "flying")?And in the interests of fair exchange, I'll happily accept advice from Andy as to how to mitigate my current main risk re- late delivery of a LINUX environment. 

Harry Putter wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

I can see where your coming from Harry, but hate?, i can assure you he is a top bloke, and don't worry about him being a ManUre fan he gets plenty of grief from us that follow the mighty Leeds.

I can't do it Stumps. I see the excited look on his little face and I just can't bring myself to change it. It would break his heart.

Not too sure about Simple for Simon since that headline could suggest someone like Khan or Wakefield came through to win...

Flying high was already used earlier in the week for Paul McGinley.

Look away now Stumps...I suppose there's always "Dyson sucks it to 'em!"

That's a sackable offence.