The Official WGC-Matchplay Championship Thread

128 posts / 0 new
The Official WGC-Matchplay Championship Thread
A few hours from the Sky coverage but the matches have already started. Of the matches already in progress it's pretty tight. Check out the leaderboard/draw here ..... http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/leaderboards/current/r470/

With the numbers of matches on Wednesday they could be showing on Tv for most of the day, but instead the first matches will probably be finished by the time it's on tv. GMac, now out

Tiger has a better left handed swing than my normal swing.

Anyone see dustin and Jim f chip in on same hole Tiger two down through two!!!

My moneys on KJ this week.

See that nice bloke Paul Lawrie just knocked out Justin Rose 1 Up.

No runaway wins yet, which is quite unusual.

And then schwartzel wins 4&2 !!! Ricky fowler in very fetching baby blue outfit today too,

Shame to see poults go out so soon, he's an unbelievable match player.

BT@Home wrote (see)

And then schwartzel wins 4&2 !!! Ricky fowler in very fetching baby blue outfit today too,

I quite like Folwers outfit today.  It would be a good look for the summer. Not too sure on the hat choice though.

Just seen that, looks like Poulter got a bit of a pasting.

Sounded confident on twitter this morning

Dyson getting a drubbing too

BT@Home wrote (see)

Dyson getting a drubbing too

I Know

Nice chip in for Molinari to beat Bjorn on the 20th. Also looks like Woods is finding his game.

i tipped poults to go all the way is ross fisher in it? westwood not out yet either?

Yeah Westwood 2up through 4

cheers Wayman. Westwood struggles in this normally. never past 2nd round i think...

Tak, Ross Fisher is not in it.

Come on luuuuuuuuuukkee!!!

this coverage is feckin crap,who ever is directing this for cbs should be put in charge of stacking shelves at the local 7-11. its about all hes worth.

Funky wrote (see)

this coverage is feckin crap,who ever is directing this for cbs should be put in charge of stacking shelves at the local 7-11. its about all hes worth.

Think it's Keegan Bradley Funky

AArrccchhhttwwtt.   Thats my spit noise.

Funky wrote (see)

I'll second that, I'm seeing a lot of bushes at the moment.

Bit like Tiger then bigeasy

Yep, and me come to think of it

the DICE has gone.  i think hes got other things on his mind.

Funky wrote (see)

the DICE has gone.  i think hes got other things on his mind.

Yup, a pint of hand pulled john smiths in the Boultham Tavern is my bet. Oh and the birth of his wee one

Has big Darren just become a caricature of himself? Shame really.

I do think Darren's working hard, just not happened for him since the open. In his defence he wasn't setting the world alight before the open it's just the expectation that goes with winning a major and the pressure from that probably doesn't help.

Seems like Woods has weathered the storm, now 1 up with 2 to play.

Thought you were psychic then yorkie but realise I was behind on the sky plus

Woods scrapes through. He looks a lonely figure on the gold course at the moment. great chip in by Luke.

lots of matches coming to a close. Tigger goes thru on the 18th after missing a chance to close it on the 17th. Lonely? Most of the crowd will go home now !!

Jiminez put's out his compatriot Sergio and Donald is getting well and truly beaten by Ernie.

Ouch, Els beats Donald 5&4

Sergio out? Well, i rather like the old red-headed Spaniard too. Ole Angel. 

First round report, including quotes and the possibility of a new World No.1, and the second round draw now attached to this thread. Or you could just do me a kind favour and click here

If the continued TV production is as bad as it was yesterday, I am going to struggle to watch anymore of this.  Only ever seeing one side of a match, someone lining up and about to pull the trigger on a putt and the shot moves to another hole.  Would have loved to see some coverage of Westwood while he is still in it, he was -6 so it must have been a good ame, but saw about 3 putts.

Westwood 4 up over Karlsson and looking good

Not often I find something else to watch other than golf but I'm glued to the darts at the moment.

Flicking between the 2 at the Mo bigeasy

Westwood now 5 up through 10, looks like at last he's finding a bit of form in one of the WMGC's.

Good stuff he's in my fantasy team and I didn't have a good day yesterday

Don't bother with fantasy League golf, got enough trying to keep my 3 footie teams sorted.

Never done it before but tried it this year and its really good fun! Finished about 700th for the week last week which was pretty good

Jiminez 2 up after 9 against Keegan Bradley, i think Funky will be very happy

Westwood now only 3 up, is the jinx of the WMGC going to strike again?

Woods really struggling now, 2 down with 6 to play and his drive on the 13th deep in the do do

Cant wait to put the golf on after watching Utd struggle against Ajax

Forgot about the footy, whats the score Tiger?

Pages