The Official WGC-Matchplay Championship Thread

128 posts / 0 new

2-1 to Ajax.   Utd go through 3-2.  Ajax played well.

If you watch closely you can actually westwoods head implode.

Pengwyn 7.9/\ wrote (see)

If you watch closely you can actually westwoods head implode.

But at least he's through Peng

Superb approach by Tiger on the 18th

Pretty special Tiger, i reckon he'll miss the putt and Watney will par to take it.

Physic or what

Bye, bye Tigger.

LOL, poor Tigger

Yorkey wrote (see)

Physic or what

err, what?

The Tiger of old would never have missed that.  Will he ever get it back???

Yorkey wrote (see)

Pretty special Tiger, i reckon he'll miss the putt and Watney will par to take it.

fatshaft wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

Physic or what

err, what?

that what

No, I'm not psychic!

fatshaft wrote (see)

No, I'm not psychic!

Jiminez knocks out spitty bradley, excellent think i'll have another glass of rioja

Tiger out? Westwood looked like he was firing on all cylinders last night and he normally hold his form pretty well so it could be a good bet. I reckon he'll destroy watney.

Woods is a broken man - Still good enough to win the masters - but still a broken man..

Just doesnt seem to have the hunger, and therefore ability to concentrate so fully?!

Day two round-up, results and quotes, plus day three draw now attached to thread. Or just click here, lazy

Donald must be broken even worse then

C'mon Jimenez!!!

Darren Harvey wrote (see)

C'mon Jimenez!!!

gonna be tough to beat rory.

I'd love to see Jimenez win, one of the most popular guys on tour and it would be great to see him land a big one.

Jimenez would be a good shout Ive won a few times on him with E/W bets in some majors.  He must be one of the most popular guys on tour and always seems to play with a smile on his face.

Kuchar 6 down to Mahan through 11, now that is a mauling

Kuchar seems to be a very streaky player to me, one moment superb and holing everything the next spraying the ball everywher and cant putt for toffee....

Mahan beats Kuchar 6&5, looking like Wilson will join him in one semi. The other 2 matches are a lot closer though.

Hunter looks mighty impressive with his new offset putter. I think he will be very tough to beat.

I think Wilson will give him a good game in the semi, he has been mightily impressive so far. 

Just turned this on.  Looks like they will be good games, maybe we can get the Westwood Rory semi we have been talking about.

Good possibility Tiger, both leading at the moment.

Almost in the bag for them both now.

Sure does Tiger, GB&I vs USA final, can't wait

Do they play the semi's and final tomorrow??

Yes, the semi's in the morning, then the final and 3rd place play-off in the afternoon.

Can either Rory or Lee go to #1 if said player loses in the final match?  Or must win tourney to ecplise Luke?

they can both make no,1 but will have to win the tourny.

great start by Lee .3 up thru 4.

Funky wrote (see)

Match over.

Claverhouse wrote (see)

Funky wrote (see)

Match over.

I think not, now only 1 up thru 7. Rory is a fighter

Too much sport on telly right now. Can't keep up!

All square through 8, could be an epic

Rory 1 up now. Told you he'd do it!

Rory now 2 up, how does it go Claverhouse, "Match Over"

Yep. Match over.

Definately match over now Rory 3 up with 5 to play Not really put a foot wrong since the 4th hole.

Yorkey wrote (see)

Definately match over now Rory 3 up with 5 to play Not really put a foot wrong since the 4th hole.

i wouldnt shout too loud norfie looks like lee can get it back to 1 down on the 16th. cmon Lee.

Can I have an update lads, I've just finished work.

Rory wins 3&1. Match over 

well played RORY

Come on Rors - Numerer Uno. Who was the guy on here that gave me grief 3 years ago when I said Rory would be a great player.  He said he was a fluke and wouldn't come to much?  I can't find the thread unfortunately but if you know who you are then......Nah nah nah nah nah.

Funky wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

i wouldnt shout too loud norfie looks like lee can get it back to 1 down on the 16th. cmon Lee.

Well that fat bird is singing now Flunkey

LGL (5) wrote (see)

Come on Rors - Numerer Uno. Who was the guy on here that gave me grief 3 years ago when I said Rory would be a great player.  He said he was a fluke and wouldn't come to much?  I can't find the thread unfortunately but if you know who you are then......Nah nah nah nah nah.

I think it was Taz 

Pages