Tiger Woods

6 posts / 0 new
Tiger Woods
Tiger has stated he won't play competitively again until he thinks he can compete competitively - whenever that may be. He's going to get his game in shape and return once he is confident of playing at the highest level again.

As a scutter I have no idea what it's like to compete at the highest level of golf but I know one thing. I can hit the ball well on the range and 1/2 decent in a practice knock but under the crucible of competition play that modicum of limited ability can disappear quicker than a GIRO in a bookies no matter how good I think my game is at the time (especially if I'm working on swing changes).

The only way of getting past that is to expose that game in competition warts and all. So what if Tiger can blast a 59 in his back garden, counts for nowt under tournament conditions/pressure.

It's a mental thing, IMO.  He does need to step back, go on a nice long holiday, eat, drink and bonk alot. Get back to enjoying things again. Get a few mates together and and have a knock round some goat track. Find out he can actually play, then decide if he can actually be arsed.

He's done.
IMHO.

Seniors tour   Always been a fan of Tiger the golfer, only he can decide when to retire, but at this stage, i do not see him making 19 majors and think he should take more time working in his foundation You never know, but after he failed to follow up his 6 wins in 2013 with anything, to me that was his final flurry Agree he is done  

Agreed - he's done. 

Crazyface wrote (see)

Get a few mates together and and have a knock round some goat track. Find out he can actually play, then decide if he can actually be arsed.

has he actually got any mates  if you ask me he is screwed, trying too hard to be the man he was 15 year ago and that is not going to happen.