Tiger's demise continues...

46 posts / 0 new
Tiger's demise continues...
Not wishing to rub it in (much) I could not help but notice Tiger's +7 score today. I did not see any of his round as when TV coverage began he had finished. However, those pundits who felt Tiger was still a force or that he was on the way back must be feeling a bit sheepish. Oh dear, where did it all go wrong?

he was 3 under through 5 holes or something but didnt watch it that early on and they havnt showed any highlights or even his card

Yes, 3 under after 5, then totally collapsed. Shame, really sad to see it happen to him, hahahaha. He's got a knackered body, lack of competitive sharpness, and a terrible attitude. Result, he's a journeyman now. I'm sure we'll see him burn it up now and then for a few holes, maybe even for a couple of rounds, but he wont string it together for 4 rounds again.

How do you think his career will end? He can't continue doing this and playing to such a poor level for the next 5 or 10 years. It's just not him.

I don't particularly like him much.....never have done but........he ain't finished yet.

Where r all the Tiger fans now? " he will come back stronger than ever".
Don't think so!
I reckon he will retire at the end of next season due to "ill health". Which of course translates to "he is shite".

Tiger is well and truly finished IMO

Well, not much sympathy here either. Looks like Steve Williams has made a good switch, if only he had made it of his own volition he would be a legend.

Aye right. Bollocks.

What's a temporary dip in form compared to all the holes he's banged his balls into.I'd rather be a major sh@gger than a major winner. And anyway, form is temporary, class is permanent!

Its the bookies that crack me up, looked at him today and he was the same price as mcilroy, odds on favourite, here be's me, joke!!!!

Sp, as a major shatter myself I must agree.

penfold ace (not p.c) wrote (see)

Sp, as a major shatter myself I must agree.

I'd give them curries a miss mate!

Maybe a change of image Perhaps he should just revert to Eldrick Woods and start wearing horn rimmed glasses   

Never a more truer phrase said

Creosote wrote (see)

He's got a knackered body, lack of competitive sharpness, and a terrible attitude. Result, he's a journeyman now.

It's only his second comp since coming back from injury. I still think he will win some more majors. The big problem i see is that he's constantly changing his swing.

I just can't believe how bad he is with the driver, is leave the thing at home.

Think it's far too early to right him off.  For golf viewing purposes I would love to see him back in contention.

I noticed he didn't get much air time yesterday

Hmmm he will do well to make the cut. However, in heady days gone by he would usually pull something out of the bag to make the cut. What has Tiger got left in his tank?

I was watching last night and one of the thoughts that has crossed my mind on a number of occasions is why not go back to Butch.  The commentator on Sky asked Butch this and was told that 'I'm not going it to it here, but that's never going to happen'

Agree with both Pasty & Mary, to early to write Tiger off. Never known such a prolific sportsman to polarise opinion so much. Especially one which has given the sport so much, an opinion which is echoed by Martin Kaymer - "Golf became so much more modern through Tiger Woods, as well. The last 12, 15 years, he made golf very interesting, very exciting for everybody". Don't really care about what's happened off the course, just a shame he's lost his on the course dominance. Despite having ample opportunity none of the 'young pretenders' have really stepped up and filled the void he has (hopefully, only temporarily) left.

AC wrote (see)

Don't really care about what's happened off the course, just a shame he's lost his on the course dominance. Despite having ample opportunity none of the 'young pretenders' have really stepped up and filled the void he has (hopefully, only temporarily) left.

Totally agree AC, what he does away from the course is his business, sadly how he acts on the course, and around golf tournaments, means he will always be a bit of a prick in my eyes.

I think he's just too good a golfer to write off. Only a real injury will stop him.People have forgotten just how good he is (well, was). He is/was head and shoulders above the rest. Sub-consciously, people know this, but forget about it, which is why Tiger's 77 is a disaster while Darren Clarke's 77 goes virtually unnoticed.He may act like a twat on the course and the TV love-in with Tiger in recent years all but made me stop watching golf on the box (2 minutes live on Tiger waiting to play his teeshot while many other interesting groups are hitting their shots), but we are lucky to be around in the Tiger era. It may take a day, a week, or a year, but he is the only golfer alive today who can destroy a field on a regular basis. All the other pros will tell you that too.

pasty wrote (see)

What a load of complete tosh!!!He's been injured, he's only 35. He's going to play 40 more Majors by the time he's 45, I guess he'll win 6 of those.

Complete blind admiration. I admire your naivity Pasty.As for being too soon to write him off, when isn't it too soon? I said he was finished 12 months a go. I still think he will retire in 12 months when he realises he is past his best and can look forward to hearing people talk about the post Tiger age, week in, week out.

Pengwyn 7.5/\ wrote (see)

I said he was finished 12 months a go. I still think he will retire in 12 months...

Given your previous logic (?) presumably you'll be back in 12 months time telling us he'll be retiring in 12 months? Was he finished 12 months ago or will he be finished in 12 months - sorry I'm confused? It would seem you have about as much of an idea as any of us as to when he'll retire (i.e. none whatsoever).

Woods is totally finished.Relating him to golfers who have won in their 40's isnt relevant, they all had functioning knees, and an attitude of work ethic. And pls dont mention Watson in the same post as the cheat Woods! Watson is a proper golfer and real gentleman, Woods is a money-mad cheating ego-maniac. Doubtless at some future stage his performance enhancement drug taking will come public, it seems well known within golf, but only Player spoke about it. Woods cheats at golf, cheats in his family life, cheats with everyone. He's a total scum-bag, and no amount of "Majors" will change that.Its not his current "form", this is how he is now. A guy with knackered knees, living on past glories, relying on coaches that he doesnt listen to, with the most arrogant attitude, he cant even part company with a long standing caddy without it becoming a war. He has absolutely zero personal skills, not a requirement for sport, but trouble is he's lost his best golf aids - his caddy, his coach (Harmon), and just about anyone who helped him be the great he was. The Woods era is over, thank goodness. He's another Princess Di, glorified in their prime by sycophants, now spoken only in hushed embarrassed tones.

I think Tiger is a legend for bedding all them girls, if you had the chance you would do it, maybe your jealous ?

BLANE DAVID wrote (see)

I think Tiger is a legend for bedding all them girls, if you had the chance you would do it, maybe your jealous ?

they were all prostitutes , it's their job (some call it a profession) and they charge for the service  ..... it's not like Woods just walked into a bar , spotted a top piece of ass he liked , winked his eye at her and within 10 mins was lickin' pussy

At the end of the day, all it takes is one simple change!A wise caddy with a quiet word in his earhole or a new swing-thought.He's definately down but not by any means out of it.

Apart from the comments by Player - are the drugs allegations "common knowledge"?

You don't go from a streak of piss, hamburger-choking kid into the ripped piece of beef that he became that quickly. The sheer speed with which his entire body shape changed was not realistic without some "help". And that was not just some spotty kid who had hit the gym to pull the birds, but did nothing else besides - he went from skinny to ripped lump in no time at all, while maintaining a major-winning golf game. Stretches credulity, IMHO.

Is there any concrete evidence that Woods actually took performance enhancing drugs or steroids?

Interestingly, when every stripper/prostitute in the US came out and said they had actually slept with Woods, no major news story broke about him also taking these drugs - would seem like the perfect time to publish a story about one of the most famous sportsmen of all time who was already all over the news for all the wrong reasons?

As I said before, it amazes me how some have such hatred for someone who they have never met. Having said that when has reasoning and logic ever influenced a forum debate about TW?!

AC wrote (see)

Having said that when has reasoning and logic ever influenced a forum debate about TW?!

Nope  - can't think of any

Paul W  wrote (see)

it's not like Woods just walked into a bar , spotted a top piece of ass he liked , winked his eye at her and within 10 mins was lickin' pussy

I didn't realise he was into bestiality - donkeys and cats, whatever next?  

AC wrote (see)

I said he was finished 12 months a go. I still think he will retire in 12 months...

Given your previous logic (?) presumably you'll be back in 12 months time telling us he'll be retiring in 12 months? Was he finished 12 months ago or will he be finished in 12 months - sorry I'm confused? It would seem you have about as much of an idea as any of us as to when he'll retire (i.e. none whatsoever).

AC,I said 12 months ago he would retire with in 2 years, 12 months in and my prediction is looking pretty good.Time will tell.As for him going on into his 40s because others have? I doubt this. Golfers tend to do well in their 30s OR 40s, not both.Sure there may be the odd example who has won in both 30s and 40s but they are the exception and not the rule.

All this is a bit of a shame and quite symptomatic of the iconic staus the guy has achieved,(regardless of drugs and burds) while playing the best golf anyone has ever seen,  Don' forget this guy was brainwashed to do well in golf from an early age by asshole father (inevitably resulting in the attitude he carries onto the course) and this is all he knows.  I think the world of golf owes him a little more creidt than he is currently getting. hence the plaudits from fellow professionals.  They know the score more than you or I will ever do.People are human and the end result of of so many things, you'd do well to consider this first before passing judgement.

Yer Maw.Oh how wonderfully liberal and tolerant of you. No doubt you think the rioters just need a cuddle.The other Pros love Tiger because it is his effect that has increased all of their earnings over the last decade or so. That is why they admire him. And that is why they want him back to get them another pay rise.Personally I refuse to make allowances for the adults failures because the adults parents didn't hug them enough. Get a grip, he is a man, not a child.As for why I dislike the guy, and Steve Williams, I have seen them both first hand at Hoylake. No real crowds to speak of, no cameras, and you couldn't wish to meet to two bigger arrogant, obnoxious little pricks than those two. They truly suited eachother. And watching the lighty fall is good viewing.

i Think its pretty obvious that most top athletes take Growth Hormone as it is not detectable in the system.If TW took steroids to bulk up then he would have had to take them non stop through out his career due to the size and weight loss in between cycles.Every steroid cycle is on average between 8-12 week, with then a minimum 8 week off to let your natural testosterone level come back and your nuts to start working again. So Growth hormone yes, steroids no

Pretty obvious to who Blane? You?

Well its common knowledge I thought.Human Growth Hormone is not detectable. So as you will imagine nearly all top athletes (who can afford it) will be on it.Also the fact that it has so many positives associated with it in regards to health

My physio told me that regular sex was good for my back which in turn was good for my golf. Tiger has never been the same since he has had treatment for his sex addiction.

I think Tiger's biggest problem now is the swing overhaul. It was a bad move, and he's basically moving towards a stack'n'tilt action, which was completely unnecessary for him. He's now swinging with a totally different weight shift, and a steeper shoulder turn. Why? He's too far away from the successful swing he developed over the years. Too many changes have left him without a swing he can call his own. He's a million miles away from "owning" it. I have a feeling that he's so messed up swing-wise, that he'll never get it back. A pity really. All he had to do was sort out his driver woes - his irons were up with the best which demonstrated his swing was overall sound.

So really his new caddie should line him up two brasses the night before any big game

Yer Maw.Oh how wonderfully liberal and tolerant of you. No doubt you think the rioters just need a cuddle.The other Pros love Tiger because it is his effect that has increased all of their earnings over the last decade or so. That is why they admire him. And that is why they want him back to get them another pay rise.Personally I refuse to make allowances for the adults failures because the adults parents didn't hug them enough. Get a grip, he is a man, not a child.As for why I dislike the guy, and Steve Williams, I have seen them both first hand at Hoylake. No real crowds to speak of, no cameras, and you couldn't wish to meet to two bigger arrogant, obnoxious little pricks than those two. They truly suited eachother. And watching the lighty fall is good viewing.

That was very liberal wasn't it.  Most probably the result of several pints of beer where I start to see all the positive things in life.  Beer goggles removed he is a dick but I still don't like gloating on someone else's downfall too much.  It's bad Karma dude.As for the rioters, my thoughts are in the public domain when I started the 'Rioting Scum' thread.

^ I'm slightly baffled at the connection between his postal address being linked to him taking HGH ??So if you don't know some ones postal address you cant know if there taking HGHAnother HUGE benefit of taking HGH is it help tremendously with healing injuries and makes recover ALOT faster

Yes Woods seemed to bulk.up.very quickly but I doubt steroids were anything to do with it. I know a lot of people who use steroids and the easiest way to tell is to look at their "traps", quite hard to work on them without help but as soon as you jump on the juice they just POP up. I don't see him.walking round with big traps. Also as soon as he stopped taking them he would lose all his bulk and his physique would yoyo which we haven't seen and this would be no good for a consistent swing.

I would imagine its not too hard to bulk up with the best experts helping you with your diet and training program and with all day to fit your training in.

I wasn't comparing him to other golfers, white or otherwise. duh.