Vijay the one to challenge Tiger, say bookies

17 posts / 0 new
Vijay the one to challenge Tiger, say bookies
Having a bet on the US Masters? Who's your money on to maybe cause an upset?

£10 each way on Goosen?Likes the course - coming onto some sort of game 25/1 mustn't grumble

Geoff Ogilvy 25/1  £10 e/w Seems to be in good form, past Major winner, and has proved he is one of only a handful of players that is not really fazed by Tiger especially on Sunday's.

K J Choi for an upset

€10 e/w on the Goose at 28-1 and €10 e/w on Westwood at 66-1Goosen has a superb record at Augusta and is coming back into a bit of form

Donald to brake his duckI like the little argy Romero as well sssshhhhhhhhh

Ogilvy is playing well and you can get good odds on him at the minute.

My sure bet would be Woods but would bet on Westwood as a long shot.Would love it if any European won the title.

Sergio @ 66/1  He has the game we know that, also rumoured to have been working with Stan Utley over in the US on the putting for the past fortnight, if he can even improve slightly with the shortstick he will challenge.

I think Romero is a great shout. He hits it miles and is a brilliant putter. But I'd like a few quid on Ogilvy and Stricker.For the Europeans Rose has a great chance along with Casey and Westwood, I reckon. 

"Vijay the one to challenge Tiger, say bookies"

Bookies high on crack, say forum posters.

Hard to see past Woods really, but given that he'll start a shorter price than the favourite in the first at Hackney dogs (and that race is over in under a minute) he's no betting proposition. Over the years, the cream has always risen as Augusta, but maybe the new course (and Zach Johnson winning) might be a leveller. So we want a long hitter and great putter with nerves of steel. That's put Singh in the frame and Ogilvy's the form horse. Goosen is a safe punt apparently offering value, but just like Adam Scott, I've got him marked as likely to crumble down the stretch. I couldn't ever back Mickleson. It'd be like cheering the All Blacks home in a world cup against Wales. But he's a good value "outsider" at 16/1.Good long shots are JB Holmes (huge hitter), Romero and Baddeley.But the best value is the Betfair market "betting without Woods". Then you can celebrate him winning by 5, which he probably will and still collect when your man comes home second. Good luck!   

If TIger/Phil or VJ dont make it and if the South Africans and Australians dont turn up I fancy Padraig Harrington.   During his interview at Augusta today, he sounded so cool and ready to go.   I was also very interested in his pragmatic view to all the drug hype that seems to be abounding the golf world just now.   I hope a European can make it as we have had a few in the past, so either Westwood or Poulter to have an outside chance but with Padraig our main hopeRegards John

Todger £100 at 1/2 Top 5Ogilvy £5 5/1 Top 5Westwood  £5 9/2 Top 10Langer £5 11/1 Top 10 oh, and £10 for the missus on Lefty to win at 16/1.

Have done lots of small bets - just for fun, including Paul Casey to be top European 16-1.

Hi Folks,Might as well jump on the bandwagon.Not really looked at this as close as normal due to the website stuff but I Like the look of:1) Tiger (obviously)2) Goosen (always good value at Augusta)3) Westwood (best player in Europe at the moment)4) Brett Wetterich (ridiculous odds for someone who has led the event only last year, he has just had a minor injury though!)Regards Chris

Tiger I think has nothing left in his tank. There's nothing else to prove either, my two cents. https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/1.gif