Westwood v McIllroy

31 posts / 0 new
Westwood v McIllroy

Is it right that if they meet in the semi the winner can go to world no.1?  if so who will win and get there? I reckon Westy

Lee for me .

is it right tho that they can knock Luke off the top??

Only if they win

I'd fancy Rory, lee's not exactly reknowned for his matchplay credentials, it would still be nice for lee to get back to world number one again though.

I would go for Rory.

The way matchplay seems to go there's no guarantee they'll meet anyway.

can meet in semi if both progress. I reckon Westy would have too much grit and experience for Rory. Would love to see Westy bak at no.1

bigeasy94 wrote (see)

I'd fancy Rory, lee's not exactly reknowned for his matchplay credentials, it would still be nice for lee to get back to world number one again though.

westwood has great matchplay credentials,look at his rydercup stats .then add the world matchplay title he has won at wentworth. i think you will find the he knows how to get it done ok.

I meant in the Accenture really...

poor record in accenture but great in Ryder. Strikie the ball so well....

Rors all the way (But I have a bet on the both of them)!

Covered all angles then.....;-)

Lee is more consistent, but Rory has that something extra, in theory it should be a close match, but matchplay is a strange game, where sometimes you win when not playing well and vice versa. As much as I like and admire Westwood, I could not put money on him with much confidence, he all too often falters over the final furlong. I have backed Peter Hanson @90/1 E/W because he is very consistent and a touch underrated in my opinion...we will see, but so far so good.

Would be an amazing matchup if these two did meet, I think the way lee played towards the end of last season was worthy of the number one spot, but Rory had a great season as well.

Lee all the way to World number 1 this year for me. Masters as well..........

Rory for me

westy all the way playing the best golf by far

Could be a close game tomorrow.  Rory seems to be getting better as it goes on, Westwood is playing very steady golf.  Could be good.

It will be hard for either of them to win it the way Hunter Mahan is playing at the moment.

Yes, looks like the winner will probably get Mahan in the final but you never know.  They will have more to play for in the final though as that No.1 spot has got to be worth something. If Rory gets it he might take some shifting.

If Rory wins this and gets to No1, i can see him definately winning at least one major this year.

Fair play to rory. Lee will still win a major this yr tho

Yorkey wrote (see)

Rory for me

Yorkey wrote (see)

It will be hard for either of them to win it the way Hunter Mahan is playing at the moment.

Now what did i say yesterday

Yorkey wrote (see)

Yorkey wrote (see)

Rory for me

Yorkey wrote (see)

Now what did i say yesterday

nobody knows they all have you on ignore except me.

^^Cheers mate, i knew you liked me

Looks like its still Donald then......for now!!

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000; line-height: normal;">The way matchplay seems to go there's no guarantee they'll meet anyway. <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000; line-height: normal;"> <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000; line-height: normal;"> <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000; line-height: normal;"> <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000; line-height: normal;">-------------------------------- <span style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: normal;">Cold Case Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset <span style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: normal;">The Closer Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset <div style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"> 

Got 6 numbers for tomorrow then Yorkey?

^^^Yup, no doubt they'll be the wrong ones again though

i managed 2 on sat but ya get bugger all for 2