Gamers

83 posts / 0 new
Gamers

Who else plays Computer games???

I myself have a PS3 360 and Wii.

Mostly use the 360 for the online.  The PS3 for the exclusives and the Wii every now and then.

Games Ive recently finished

Uncharted 3 - really not as good as I expected, but ok and worth a play

Dead Island - quite good when you get into it but a little repetitve.

Im playing Forza 4, Battlefield 3 and Fifa 12 at the moment.  Loving battlefield but Fifa is getting on my nerves.

Skyrim & COD are coming for christmas as ive been a good boy.

Gamertag MrNutts if you want to add me.

Ohh and before anyone starts yes I am a little boy who liked to play in a room with his pretend friends.  But its either that or watch the crap on TV.

Yep. Played computer games since Colossal Cave on an IBM Mainframe in 1975. In the words of Sid Meier who invented the Civilization series, computers are great for running banks and airline reservation services, but what they are really good for is playing games. Currently playing Skyrim, but its a bit dissapointing. Has some good stuff but its Oblivion V2, with more bugs than a buggy thing, and a control system (on PC) that is unusable. Dont have an Xbox, and never will. Had a Wii and bored of it in hours. PC for me.

I'd love a PC for gaming but I couldnt afford to keep upgrading it to keep up with the new games.

Well, I never. I really thought Creo was going to denounce all gamers as retards then come round your house and beat you up. Full of surprises this place.

Ive got to say when I spotted Creo's name as the last to post I was feaing the worst.

Nothing surprises me about Creo...Very dark horse... Gaming, love the ability to "vanish" for a few hours but time seems to be compressing at the moment. Just bought the new COD for £20.00, the youngest lad is playing it now....

Have pals who are near religious about COD, but never got into it. Might be that I always play the single player offline versions of games, and COD is very much an online thing. My only attempt to play online was Quake 3, and realised the average age of the players is about 9, and mental age of about 9 also.

I was going to post..."No, I am 47 and married!"  ....but seeing Creo outed as a gamer, I wouldnt dare!

Battlefield 3 for me, son is a COD fan Also have a Wii but not played as much 

i am a massive game player, i really only play pc games , apart from when the harry potter lego comes out then i go on the xbox. i mainly playing MMO games the online games where tons of peopel play like world of war craft. i just finished the beta weekend of the new game not out yet star wars the old republic and had a great time its brilliant

"...XBox for online and PS3 for exclusives..." Bloody hell Tiger, someone has money to throw away. Massive gamer. Growing up, I always Nintendo while my brother was Sega. I'm on a 360 now having owned virtually every console since the Master System. Still have my SNES and N64. Can't beat a boys night in with Mario Kart and GoldenEye! When I get my XBox Live sorted, we'll have to play some FIFA '12 (though I am absolutely terrible).

Xbox 360 man myself, and as Creo so eloquently put it - I'm religious about COD, it's the only game I'll play (COD 4, MW2, MW3 not so much Black Ops). Haven't looked at the campaign on MW3 yet as enjoying the online multi-player too much. @Tiger - Give me a heads up when you get MW3 and we can sort out a game?

Been playing games since my pal had Pong.  Got a Commodore64 in 1984 and played Ghostbusters and never looked back since then. I never play online as I want to immerse myself in my own world (or more likely that I couldn't handle being shot be a 7 year old girl) and love games that are involving and rewarding. I'm playing Skyrim and Rage but they just absorb time like crazy.  Santa should bring the new COD too.  All PS3.

Atari system was our first, we dabbled in home computing with spectrums etc.. but it all kicked off with the N64 and goldeneye chasing around your mates with proximity mines was fantastic. Bought a japanese PS3 when we were out there the year it was released and just became a massive fan of MW version of COD ... shooting sh*t is fun. Was disappointed with BF3 will get goldeneye reloaded as well! I like the footy stuff but thats for flights playing against the guys. Travelling nowadays is a lot nicer with a psp for company.

Zombie - Whats Rage like? Seen mixed reviews for it.

Creosote wrote (see)

Yep. Played computer games since Colossal Cave on an IBM Mainframe in 1975.

Ah the old games are the best. "You are in a maze of twisty little passges" Kill Dragon - "With What? Your bare hands?" You can still get windows executable versions of this game.

xbox man meself got all the COD's wasnt that keen on the new one but its starting to grow on me now starting to enjoy it

Creo, Ive completed Rage.  Its OK. Good graphics but a poor mans Fallout really.  Most of the missions are a little repetitive. AP.money to thow away I think not.  Ive had the 360 since day 1 and we bought the PS3 with a new TV as a blu-ray player.  I dont buy many games, only the ones I know will take a while like skyrim or those I will hammer on line like Battlefield and COD.  The rest I rent via Lovefilm.  Anyone who plays alot of games should get on it as its far cheaper than buying them.

Ossie (6.7) wrote (see)

Creosote wrote (see)

Ah the old games are the best. "You are in a maze of twisty little passges" Kill Dragon - "With What? Your bare hands?" You can still get windows executable versions of this game.

Didnt know anyone old enough here to remember that! Boy, brings back memories. XYZZY. We had it on a mainframe when I was an Op. All the shifts played the same game, the programmers also, everyone. We had this huge map of the dungeon on the wall of the machine room of strips of printout that we all updated. God knows how many thousands of man hours went into that game and despite more than 50 of us playing it as a joint effort we never did finish the thing. Do you remember when Underworld 1 came out? For me, prob the best game.

no im not 14,lol. never really been into games,i seemed to bore of them rather quickly,my boys are well into them,the only time ive played on there xbox is when they put a golf game on. me and the missus have a wii again i havnt played on that for months now. i can see the attraction,but probably the reason i dont play them is a bit like my golf, IM CRAP AT IT.

Does anyone have a marriage, young kids, career AND play computer games? I honestly don't know where anyone finds the time!!

Oh Mummy! in Amstrad anyone?

I have been a gamer since the Vic 20.. I have an Xbox 360 and play Fifa 12, Forza 4, TW12 and Need For Speed Underground. When the wife lets me of course.. I find COD games too chaotic especially online. Plus I always get killed and in the replay I look a total tool standing there spraying bullets everywhere when some little kid pistolwhips me round the chops.

Unless you are single, have a partner who plays as well or you hate each other i just cant see were you can find the time unless you only require 2 hrs sleep a day? Had a Nintendo back in the days but just felt it was a waste of my time. Guess i just get out more .

Sorebits - I am with you there. I have now officially "had it" with FIFA 12. The wife moans at me when I turn it on and it is such a time sink.. Time to do something mnore productive..

Creosote wrote (see)

Zombie - Whats Rage like? Seen mixed reviews for it.

It's not perfect but I like it.  It lacks a map and not enough ammo to pick of for free, etc.  Atmospheric though - some of the missions make me sweat.  Sneaking through some dark underground place with creatures jumping out!  Heart-thumping stuff. Like Resident Evil for fear, but the baddies are much faster.  Like Borderlands for game design but less humour.  Claims to be a free and open environment but unless your going somewhere particular then you're not likely to wander about (lack of map again). I saw it in Sainsburys for £30 yesterday so obviously not as huge as the software house hoped for. I've got a woman and half a kid (OK, 50% share of responsibility) and it's hard as hell to get any time to myself so sometime I end up staying up late at the weekend to find my time...  Generally play in the dark months

Thanks Zombie, it £20 on Amazon, may give it a go. I also am a winter gamer. Golf in summer, make puzzle games, and play some like the ones under discussion, during winter. Really not getting on with Skyrim. Its big, but its just not as much fun as Oblivion and Fallout3. Dumbed down for the console market unfortunately, think I will go back to Fallout New Vegas.

Creosote wrote (see)

Ossie (6.7) wrote (see)
Creosote wrote (see)

Didnt know anyone old enough here to remember that! Boy, brings back memories. XYZZY. We had it on a mainframe when I was an Op. All the shifts played the same game, the programmers also, everyone. We had this huge map of the dungeon on the wall of the machine room of strips of printout that we all updated. God knows how many thousands of man hours went into that game and despite more than 50 of us playing it as a joint effort we never did finish the thing. Do you remember when Underworld 1 came out? For me, prob the best game.

I only got to Colossal Caves when I was about 14....in around 1980...we used to play it on the school computer (a Research Machines 380Z) but obviously great minds think alike as we also had a large map updated by all who played it!!!

Was totally addicted to TOCA 2 on the PC back in 2004, which was never played again after winning the championship on expert level! I bought a PS3 for the blu ray player (my excuse to wife) a couple of years ago and got into Fall Out 3, which was sooo difficult for a non gamer, but eventually got through it.  Now mostly play COD mod warfare stuff when nothing on telly!

currently playing BF3 and Skyrim on pc, thought I would have to upgrade but both run great so was a great relief Also got ps3, 360 and wii, wii is only used around chrimbo with the kids, the other 2 barely get switched on except for the odd movie (expensive dvd players) Can't bring myself to playing shooters on console, doesnt feel right with a pad!!!

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan.

SP (10.8) wrote (see)

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan.

You mean you liked Boa???

Boom boom! Always good to crank in a Boa joke now and again!

Boanerges - he still on this mortal coil?

Yes, had a chat with him a few weeks ago...All is well with Boa.. As for the new COD very intense, youngest lad has completed it on easy, I'm having a chore on hardened....(Ooh Matron)

I find them to hard

gave up with MW3 back to tiger 2012

Stick with it, great ending...

You were on the phone to Boa again???? How does that come about? Are you actually Boanerges? Is he not about 90?

E-mails Chris, I enjoyed him on GM and enjoy him off GM. If he was closer I would take him up on his offers of good food / drink and golf... On with the flame suit..

Mac, hardened is the only pay to play a COD game.

You enjoy getting Boanerges off?

CS (15.3) wrote (see)

You enjoy getting Boanerges off?

Seems to stick in your craw this Boa thing, don't you think... Funny thing is, he has actually mentioned you as he still frequents the site as an observer....I'll try and get this worded correctly. "It's saddening that the youth of today have role models similar to that imbecile CS in their schooling years"

It's heart warming that he'll be dead soon. Save 200 notes per winter for the taxpayer for a start. Observe that f*****!!!!

Far to touchy Chris....Truth stings sometimes...

Do you think that's the truth?

It's 'too' by the way. And I'm the imbecile!

Ta Dah.....

So if you could only have one PS3 or Xbox?

I only have a handheld, a PSP, just have a quick blast every now and then (and play on the PSP too ), played GTA Liberty City and was amazed how well it worked on handheld. I have to say that Everybody's Golf 2 is an insane amount of fun. The characters are cheesy but the courses and ease of picking it up are second to none. Some very tricky courses as you progress through the game. Hugely fun game.

Pages