FootJoy has revealed its new Tour-S line of footwear, designed to offer stability, comfort and support.
- FJ Launch Pods deliver stability through maximum extension of the surface area in the heel and forefoot pods
- Lightweight TPU Power Strap harnesses and regulates footwork throughout the swing
- Proprietary Pebax Powered chassis delivers ultra lightweight tensile strength in full foot stabiliser
- Dual Density PU Fit-Bed for underfoot cushioning
- PPLTM – Pure Performance Luxury leather sourced by Pittards of England; 1 year waterproof warranty
- Carbon weave fiberglass midsole plate delivers support, stability and motion control
- Molded SecureCollarTM and ComforTongue promising a precision fit
A Tour-S PowerPlate outsole is a lightweight, stable platform with high levels of energy transfer.
Built upon a foundation of a proprietary Pebax polymer, that is typically 20% lighter than other polymers, the PowerPlate features an integrated carbon weave fiberglass mid-foot plate and nine LaunchPods to create additional structure, surface area, and ground coverage for maximum stability.
A PowerStrap locks the foot into place, allowing for a comfortable and snug fit.
A PU footbed and premium leather offers excellent levels of comfort, and also waterproof protection.
“From the moment I tested this shoe, I knew it provided the perfect blend of comfort and stability for me, especially on my left side as I move through the ball,” said Rafa Cabrera Bello.
“It feels like a wider platform than I’m used to, like I have more ground coverage and contact and a much more stable base,” said Kevin Kisner.
Cabrera Bello and Kisner join an increasing list of FJ Brand Ambassadors who have already put the Tour-S in play at tournaments around the world, with notable others including Charley Hoffman, Jason Kokrak and Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston.
Price: £220, £240 BOA
Available: 20 February
Colours: White/blue/lime, White/lime, Black/red/white, White/Dark grey/orange BOA