Lee Westwood has told Telegraph Sport that he has been invited to play in a few Legends Tour events next season, despite the fact he might soon be banned by the DP World Tour.
The Legends Tour, formerly the European Senior Tour, is a circuit for the over 50s and is run by the DP World Tour.
Westwood, who turns 50 two weeks after The Masters in April, turned his back on the DP World Tour earlier this season by joining LIV Golf.
The 25-time DP World Tour admitted from the very start of the process in 2021 that joining a new super golf league would be a "no brainer".
Westwood did eventually jump this year and he is now waiting for a Sports Resolutions hearing in February 2023 to learn whether or not he will face a continued ban from the former European Tour circuit.
This sanction will supposedly include all circuits under the DP World Tour umbrella, meaning the Legends Tour would be included.
That is why Westwood is so confused by his latest invite from a Legends Tour executive.
Westwood told Telegraph Sport:
Westwood's Majesticks GC were eliminated in the semi finals of the LIV Golf Team Championship in Miami over the weekend.
The Englishman was dropped as captain for the season finale in favour of Ian Poulter.
Westwood and Poulter were both beaten convincingly by Peter Uihlein and Brooks Koepka in their semi-final singles matches on Saturday.
With LIV Golf now in the books for its inaugural season, Westwood's attentions now turn to the Indonesian Masters, which is an Asian Tour event backed by LIV Golf.
He then admitted he is not "overly bothered" what happens when it comes to the DP World Tour ruling in February.