The new Titleist U-Series utility irons offer two unique models – U•500 and U•510 – designed to expand a player’s shot options at the top end of the bag. Called “utility irons” for a reason, the new U•500 and U•510 models produce more distance than a standard iron and less spin than a hybrid – delivering that one shot a golfer needs precisely when it’s needed.
The U•500 is the player’s utility iron designed for superior shot making. The extremely versatile, low loft utility features a compact shape that delivers high launch with a soft landing and precise distance control.
The U•510 provides hybrid-like performance in a forgiving, muscular iron shape. The high-launching, easier-playing utility offers a larger, wide-sole design for consistent shot-after-shot performance. U•510 creates such a powerful combination of distance, launch and forgiveness that Titleist engineers were able to create a 16-degree 1-iron that is very playable from both the tee and turf.
The new U•500 and U•510 irons have already made an impact on both the European and PGA Tours. Since launching, they have made it into the bags of Adam Scott, Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker, Ian Poulter and Bernd Wiesberger.
Technology and Performance
The U•500 is a highly technical utility iron with a compact shape that delivers versatility, speed and precision distance.
• Strategic High Density Tungsten Weighting (98 grams on average) produces a low CG for increased launch with trajectory control, and a high MOI for balance and stability through the shot.
• Our thinnest, forged SUP-10 L-Face Insert maximises ball speed for more distance.
• Player’s shape provides shot-shaping confidence at address.
• Loft Options: 2I (17o), 3I (20o), 4I (23o).
The U•510 is a muscular, wide-soled utility iron that provides hybrid-like performance with incredible forgiveness.
• The larger, more forgiving blade features a wide sole that promotes easy launch from the tee or turf.
• Strategic High Density Tungsten Weighting (95 grams on average) produces a low and deep CG for maximum launch with shot-stopping control, and a high MOI for stability and forgiveness.
• A forged SUP-10 L-Face Insert maximises ball speed for more distance.
• Loft Options: 1I (16o), 2I (18o), 3I (20o), 4I (22o)
“I mean the height advantage of this club, you just can’t compare. Golf clubs are geared for speed now, so when you know have the speed, you’re really looking for the control, you’re looking for that balance – and that’s what this club gives you,” said Titleist Tour player, Adam Scott.
Titleist U-Series U•500 and U•510 Utility Irons will be available at Authorised Titleist Retailers from August 30th 2019. SRP £245
Find out more at: www.titleist.co.uk