Lee Westwood was forced to withdraw from the LIV Golf-backed International Series England on the Asian Tour ahead of the final round at Close House.
Westwood, 50, carded an 81 in the third round and he then took to Twitter to confirm the reason for his WD at his home golf course just outside of Newcastle.
The Englishman admitted he was forced to withdraw after picking up a "niggle".
He was 13-over par thru 54 holes.
Gutted I have had to withdraw from today due to a niggle which caused some discomfort during yesterdays round. What a great event @intseriesgolf have put on this week at my home course @CloseHouseGolf— Lee Westwood (@WestwoodLee) August 20, 2023
Thanks to everyone’s hard work & was great to see all the fans out there pic.twitter.com/ByEbgQv9Lm
Andy Ogletree is currently in the lead.
Ogletree also leads the standings.
Billy Foster believes Westwood should become one of the next European Ryder Cup captains.
He also considers Ian Poulter and Sergio Garcia deserve the nod soon, too.
More Ryder Cup news?
- European Ryder Cup hopeful withdraws from DP World Tour event
- Zach Johnson will "probably" SNUB LIV Golf players over Ryder Cup picks
- Bryson DeChambeau reveals SHOCKING update ahead of Ryder Cup team announcement
- Why is Ludvig Aberg ODDS-ON to make Luke Donald's European Ryder Cup team?!
- European Ryder Cup hopeful skips crucial event: "It's bizarre"
Watched our latest YouTube video?