Reports: Man who went missing after LIV Golf event found dead

Per reports, a man who attended LIV Golf's event at The Greenbrier in August with his pals was found dead in a wooded area. 

Reports: Man who went missing after LIV Golf event found dead
Reports: Man who went missing after LIV Golf event found dead

Cops have confirmed a man who went missing after attending LIV Golf's tournament at The Greenbrier has been found dead. 

The body of Jarred Schultz was discovered in a wooded area at around 12.36pm on 7 August in Lewisburg. 

Lewisburg police chief Chris Teubert said in a statement:

 "At approximately 12:36 p.m. on August 7th, 2023, the deceased body of a male believed to be Mr. Shultz was located in a wooded area near Interstate 64 and Route 219 in Lewisburg.
"There is no foul play suspected in this incident at this time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Shultz family and friends in this very difficult time."

The 39-year-old had attended the LIV event, played at the Old White course, with friends. 

His wife Lauren posted an appeal for information after he didn't return home from the golf tournament. 

Per reports, his friend stated that he 'turned around and Schultz was nowhere to be seen'. He was lasted spotted at the Brier Patch Bar & Grill. 

Schultz and his pals were staying at the Super 8 in Lewisburg. After Saturday's round concluded, they went back to the Briar Patch for food where they remained until he went missing. 

Lauren Copley detailed on Facebook:

"Bart [friend] last saw him in the parking lot of the Briar Patch, talking on his phone around 11:45pm and when he turned around he was gone.
"Our last known communication with him was a text to me at 12:39am Sunday morning. Bart was actively looking for him from the moment he disappeared.
"The police in Lewisburg have all the texts and information we have on our end to help them in the search.
"Bart drove to Lewisburg and picked Jarred up in Charleston at his work on Friday. Jarred left his truck at work and we confirmed yesterday afternoon that it is still there.
"The police in Lewisburg have pinged his phone, but it’s a 3-4mile radius on the ping. This area has been searched, but there are also locations in this radius that are dangerous and can’t be searched safely by foot.
"Jarred's phone has been dead since about 9am yesterday morning and there's been no activity on his bank account.”

Schultz's wife has now been inundated with messages following the tragic news. 


Watched our latest YouTube video?

More news

Sponsored Posts