In line with government advice, American Golf will open all except four of its English stores from Monday June 15 with new guidelines in place to ensure the safety of customers and colleagues.
To mark the occasion and to offer thanks to the NHS and Emergency Service workers who have supported the country through the COVID-19 crisis, American Golf is giving 50% off all clothing and 25% off all clubs and equipment to NHS and Emergency Service workers who present their I.D. in store.
"For those of us that are lucky enough to get back to work, we should never forget the impact of this continuing virus and the way in which NHS and Emergency Service workers have gone above and beyond the call of duty for us all," said American Golf CEO Gary Favell on the announcement of this special re-opening ‘Thank You’.
"We at American Golf would like to say thank you to these very special people by offering 50% off all clothing and 25% off all clubs and equipment until the end of June."
American Golf stores in England will re-open following the guidelines issued from government, alongside advice from health and safety experts.
"We’re delighted to be able to put measures in place that will ensure the safety of colleagues and customers," sad Favell.
"It’s been great to see how golf has bounced back after lockdown and we look forward to welcoming the golfing public back to our stores and hope that as many NHS and Emergency Service workers as possible can benefit from our ‘Thank You’ offers."
In measures designed to minimise the risks from Covid-19 team members at American Golf will implement new safety and hygiene procedures while customers will also be asked to follow new rules:
American Golf colleagues will:
- Wear PPE equipment at all times
- Maintain a minimum 2 metre distance from one another and customers
- Provide a designated PPE station with sanitiser, gloves and masks for customers if they wish to use
Customers will be asked to:
- Respect the 2 metre distancing rule between customers and colleagues
- Please be patient as numbers in stores will be limited
- Try not to touch any items they do not intend to purchase
- Pay by card and contactless where possible
- Not enter if they are feeling unwell
American Golf stores will also resume all custom fitting activity with new hygiene measures in place. To ensure the safety of colleagues and customers, custom fitting appointments will adhere to the above guidelines, plus:
- No customer-colleague contact
- Custom fit bookings to be made ahead of fitting so stores can manage number of customers in shop at one time
- Customers are asked to bring in their own glove for their fitting
- Clubs will be passed between customer and colleague at a safe distance
- All products will be thoroughly sanitised before and after every use
American Golf will continue to monitor developments in Wales and Scotland and hope to open the doors at all stores very soon.
* Four stores linked to Top Golf entertainment centres in Salisbury, Cheltenham, Chigwell and Watford will remain closed until further notice.