One of the most consistent players on the PGA Tour, TaylorMade's Jon Rahm won the Memorial at Muirfield Village with rounds of 69-67-68-75 to beat Ryan Palmer by three shots.
In becoming World No.1, Rahm is just the second Spanish golfer to reach pinnacle of the World Rankings with Seve Ballesteros being the only other.
The 25-year-old has been on a steep OWGR ascent ever since he turned professional in June 2016 and even during his amateur years where he earned OWGR points.
Rahm's OWGR end of year ranking by year is as follows:
- 2014: 1,548
- 2015: 585
- 2016: 137
- 2017: 6
- 2018: 4
- 2019: 3
- 2020: 1* (* year-to-date)
Rahm plays 14 TaylorMade clubs and balls including the SIM driver, two SIM fairways, P750 irons (which he has weakened since the re-start to adjust for a slight reduction in iron spin rates from his swing), MG2 wedges, Spider X and the TaylorMade TP5 ball.
Jon Rahm - What's in the bag of the Memorial Tournament winner
- Driver: TaylorMade SIM | 10.5° | Aldila Tour X shaft
- Fairway woods: TaylorMade SIM | 15° & 18° | Aldila Tour X shafts
- Irons: TaylorMade P750 | 4-PW
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG Hi Toe | 52°; TaylorMade MG2 | 56° and 60°
- Putter: TaylorMade Spider X chalk
- Ball: TaylorMade TP5 #10