Lanto Griffin won his first PGA Tour title last week as he beat Scott Harrington and Mark Hubbard by one shot to win the 2019 Houston Open.
All eyes were on Henrik Stenson for the Houston Open last week as he turned his attention to the PGA Tour, but without his trusty 3 wood in the bag he quickly struggled to get going, opening the door for a host of players looking for their maiden victory.
Griffin, ranked 176th in the world, shot a three-under-par score of 69 on Sunday to finish the tournament 14-under-par. Both Harrington and Hubbard were also chasing their first win on the PGA Tour, but Griffin kept his cool to get the job done and has now secured himself a spot at next year's PGA Championship, Masters and the Players Championship.
"I learned you don't have to win," said Griffin.
"If you put all that pressure on yourself it can backfire. Thinking like that helps me take the pressure off."
Griffin, 31, took home the winners share of $1.3 million in prize money.
Lanto Griffin - What's in the bag of the Houston Open winner?
- Titleist 917D2 Driver | 10.5° | Mitsubishi Chemical Kuro Kage TiNi 70TX shaft
- Titleist TS2 3 Wood | 16.5° | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue shaft
- Titleist U510 2 Iron | Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 130X shaft
- Titleist T100 Irons | 4-9 | Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 130X shafts
- Titleist Vokey Design SM7 Wedges | 46°, 50°, 54° & 60° | Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120X shafts
- SIK Golf Flo Putter | SuperStroke 3.0 Slim grip
- Titleist Pro V1 Ball