Callaway breaks silence following backlash over shocking Good Good Golf video
“We are disappointed by the content that was posted...” Callaway has issued a statement after Good Good Golf removed a controversial promotional video.

Callaway has issued a statement following the widespread backlash over a controversial Good Good Golf promotional video for the new Good Good Quantum driver.
The shocking video, which has since been removed from both Good Good and Callaway's channels, showed Good Good creator Alexis Miestowski reaching into a golf bag for the driver before Garrett Clark pushed her to the ground.
Clark then delivered the line: “Do not touch my new driver”, while a caption underneath the Callaway Golf branding read: “You have been warned …”
The advert for the $650 driver quickly sparked criticism online, with many viewers accusing Good Good of making light of violence against women.
The controversy has continued to grow despite the video's removal, with copies circulating on social media.
Good Good apologised on Saturday, admitting the video did not align with the brand's values.
“We posted a video to our channels that are not aligned with our values as a brand,” the company said.
“We have since taken that content down, and sincerely apologize.”
Callaway breaks silence over video
The latest development has now come from Callaway, which has also addressed the controversy.
“We are disappointed by the content that was posted, and are appreciative of Good Good for addressing this,” Callaway said in a statement.
“We look forward to working together to ensure a more inclusive space in golf.”

The statement is particularly notable given Callaway's wider involvement in women's golf.
Callaway is an official marketing partner of the LPGA and has previously spoken publicly about its commitment to growing the women's game.
The backlash also comes at a time when women's participation in golf is continuing to grow, making the tone and message of the advert particularly contentious.
The PGA Tour has also distanced itself from the video.
A spokesperson told Golf Digest the Tour does not condone violence in any form and that the since-deleted content did not reflect its values or commitment to inclusivity and respect.
Good Good is set to be a title sponsor of a PGA Tour event this November.
Good Good's partnership with Callaway began in early 2023 and has given the YouTube golf brand a major platform for creating content and developing special-edition products, including the Quantum driver featured in the controversial advert.
With Good Good having already apologised and Callaway now breaking its silence, attention will turn to how the two brands respond to the fallout and whether the incident has any lasting impact on their partnership.






