Cobra has launched its new line of F-Max metals for 2017, which they say are the “lightest, easiest to swing woods" they have ever produced.
They lines, for men and women, combine ultra-light configurations and game improvement technology.
“When it comes to the Super Game Improvement category, it can’t be overstated how important lightweight construction is to this category of player,” said Tom Olsavsky, VP of R&D for COBRA Golf.
“With the creation of F-MAX we have focused on the concept that lighter means easier to hit and we have gone to great lengths to ensure that even our components deliver superiority when it comes to reduced weight. We are confident that the design of the F-MAX Driver, Fairways and Hybrids will make it easier for moderate swing speed players to create launch which is the key for performance, and get the ball airborne more quickly, hitting it farther and straighter than ever before.”
COBRA Golf F-MAX Driver (£229)
Ultralight configuration in which the proprietary Cobra SUPERLITE 50 shaft (SUPERLITE 45 for women’s model) has a lighter shaft structure than its predecessor (Cobra MAX).
That, combined with reduced swing weight promotes improved clubhead speed and greater distance for players with moderate swing speeds. In addition, the F-MAX Driver utilises a larger, LAMKIN REL 360 midsize grip (standard men’s size grip on the women’s drivers) to improve comfort and consistency off the tee.
Game improvement technology
- A Forged Ti-6- 4 Titanium Face insert delivers more speed and a larger Sweet Zone for better distance on mishits.
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – Internal weighting positioned near the heel promotes a more forgiving, higher, straighter ball-flight.
- New Crown Alignment Feature – A subtle, confidence-inspiring crown alignment feature makes it easy to align the clubhead at address for more fairways hit off the tee.
- Offset/Straight Neck Design Hosels – Golfers are given the choice of using an offset hosel that creates higher trajectory with draw bias to help eliminate slices, or a straight neck hosel for a more traditional look at address and more workability.
- Upgraded Aesthetics – An all new, premium black PVD finish increases the visual appeal and subdues the look of offset at address while still delivering the draw bias performance.
Available in 10.5 and 11.5 degrees of loft for men, and 15 degrees of loft for women.
F-MAX Fairways (£169)
Utilise many of same technologies as the Drivers, namely an ultralight configuration and larger grips.
The F-MAX Fairways come stock with COBRA SUPERLITE 60 shafts (SUPERLITE 55 in women’s model) and mid-size LAMKIN REL 360 midsize grips (Standard Men’s size for women’s versions).
In addition, F-MAX Fairways’ performance also benefit from such game improvement technologies as a Forged 455 Stainless Steel Face Insert, Back/Heel CG weighting, the Crown Alignment Feature and an offset hosel deisgn.
Available in both right and left-hand in 16, 20 and 23 degrees of loft for men, and 19, 23 and 27 degrees of loft for women.
F-MAX Hybrids (£149)
Offer the same Cobra SUPERLITE shafts (60 for men’s and 55 for women’s) and the same larger sized grips.
The F-MAX Hybrids incorporate the same game improvement features as the F-MAX Fairways in a confidence inspiring hybrid head design.
The F-MAX Hybrids are available in 19, 22, 25, 22 and 31 of loft for men, and 23.5, 26.5, 29.5 and 32.5 o of loft for women.
Available: 18 August