COBRA Golf has introduced its lightest hybrids and irons with the new AIR-X franchise.
Building off the success of the F-MAX family, which debuted in 2017, the new AIR-X men’s and women’s irons and combo sets continue to deliver a lighter overall club weight to improve feel and maximize clubhead speed and distance for players with moderate swing speeds.
The COBRA AIR-X irons take lightweight technology and super game improvement performance to a new level.
A lighter clubhead design yields 2 grams in weight-savings, while a 6-gram lighter 41g standard size grip with a lighter and softer rubber compound improves feel, making these irons easier and more enjoyable to hit than ever before.
Players will enjoy maximum forgiveness and effortless launch through a combination of a deep undercut cavity, low profile shape and greater lofts throughout the set.
The new AIR-X irons feature the following game improving technologies:
- Strategic Weighting – Weight low and wide increases stability and forgiveness on off-center hits, while heel-biased weighting provides draw trajectory for increased accuracy and directional control.
- Progressive Offset Design –The long irons feature more offset to increase accuracy and forgiveness, while the short irons and wedges feature progressively less offset for maximum control and precision around the green.
- Low Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A low profile shape with a deep undercut cavity results in higher launch, increased ball speeds and maximum carry distance.
- Traditional Lofts –maximize flight trajectory for moderate swing speeds, resulting in increased carry distances, and steeper decent angles for improved stopping power into greens.
- Premium Chrome Finish – a nickel, two-tone chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
The COBRA AIR-X Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing.
- Men’s AIR-X Irons (£599 steel; £699 graphite set) – 7-piece, stock 5-PW, SW iron set features a 97g FST ULTRALITE steel shaft in regular flex; the 7-piece stock graphite set (5-PW, SW) features an ULTRALITE graphite shaft that is offered with a 50-gram structure in regular and a 45-gram weight in lite flex; both available in right-hand and left-hand versions in sleek Chrome/Red colorway.
- Women’s AIR-X Graphite set (£599) – A 6-piece set features a COBRA ULTRALITE 45-gram graphite shaft (6-PW, SW); available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in ladies’flex. Available in a striking Chrome/Lilac colorway.
The men’s and women’s AIR-X Hybrids featured in the combo sets are also available to purchase as stand-alone options. The AIR-X Hybrids utilize COBRA’s lightest clubhead, grip and shaft designs in addition to the following game-enhancing technologies:
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and towards the heel to deliver straighter trajectories.
- Offset Hosel Design – An offset hosel design helps to square the face at impact to increase launch and improve accuracy.
The men’s AIR-X Hybrids (£169) are available in 3H (19 o ), 4H (22 o ), 5H (25 o ), 6H (28 o ) and 7H (31 o ) (RH only) of loft in stiff, regular and lite flex. The women’s AIR-X Hybrids are available in 4H (23 o ), 5H (26 o ), 6H (29 o ) and 7H (32 o ) (RH Only) in ladies’ flex. The AIR-X women’s hybrids (£169) come in a striking Black/Lilac colorway.
The AIR-X Irons and Hybrids are available April 1.