Titleist has today revealed details about its brand new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls for 2021 - and they will be available to purchase at retail from February 5.
Increasing performance through every single layer of the golf ball, Titleist claims its new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball models are designed for "longer distance, even more greenside spin and control, and softer feel."
The new golf balls from Titleist are a result of new core, casing layer, cover and aerodynamic technologies - including proprietary 388 (Pro V1) and 348 (Pro V1x) dimple designs optimised for what the brand claims "extraordinary distance and consistent flight that combine to make the most trusted and best peforming golf balls in the game even better."
2021 PRO V1 AND PRO V1X PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGY - ACCORDING TO TITLEIST:
From the best players in the world to amateur of all skill levels, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls are designed for golfers who prioritise performance above all else.
Both new models for 2021 deliver longer distance, increased Drop-and-Stop greenside control, softer feel and long-lasting durability, while maintaining their differences in flight, feel and spin.
Advancements in Titleist’s industry-leading multi-component technology are precisely designed to work together, providing total performance and extreme consistency on every shot:
- New Pro V1 offers the greatest combination of speed, spin and feel in the game, providing the best fit for the majority of golfers. Pro V1 flies lower than the Pro V1x with a penetrating trajectory and it has a very soft feel.
- New Pro V1x has a fast, high flight and delivers spin when and where a golfer wants it. Pro V1x is designed for players who want a higher trajectory and increased spin relative to a Pro V1, with a slightly firmer feel.
KEY TECHNOLOGY IN THE PRO V1 AND PRO V1X BALLS
- Reformulated 2.0 ZG Process Cores deliver increased distance in the solid core Pro V1 and dual core Pro V1x.
- Faster High-Flex Casing Layer adds speed and lowers long game spin. This highly resilient, high-speed ionomer was initially developed for and validated by Pro V1x Left Dash.
- New, Softer Cast Urethan Elastomer Cover, the softest cover formulation ever used on a Pro V1 or Pro V1x, increases greenside spin for more control in the short game.
- New Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs featuring a 388-dimple layout for Pro V1, and 348 for Pro V1x, are optimised to maximise distance and flight consistency. Pro V1 maintains is penetrating trajectory while Pro V1x will fly higher than the prior generation.
Available: February 5 in White (play numbers 1-4, 5-8 and all the same play number 00 or 1-99) and High Optic Yellow (play numbers 1-4).
SRP: £50 per dozen