FOOTJOY has today unveiled its next advancement in golf footwear with the new D.N.A. (DryJoys Next Advancement) golf shoe.
Golfmagic was afforded the luxury of seeing the new D.N.A. up close and personal last month and FootJoy made it clear to us that this is very much the biggest shoe launch in its illustrious history.
In fact I've already tried and tested the sleek new D.N.A. and while it may have been a fluke, I fired my best round in more than three years when sporting them for the first time last week.
Featuring the most comprehensive feature package ever delivered by FJ, D.N.A. footwear represents the most proven elements of the world-renowned DryJoys footwear family with all-new, cutting-edge componentry and construction methodology for the very best in performance.
"To create the most feature-laden golf shoe in our history, we needed to explore the anatomy, or DNA, of our premium footwear products and then scrutinise each and every aspect throughout the design and development process," said Doug Robinson, FootJoy's Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide.
"Each material and component was carefully considered in order to deliver a shoe with lightweight stability, a custom-like fit, superior feel and ultimate performance."
Key features and benefits
- The 3D FoamCollar for comfort: The 3D FoamCollar moulds to your ankle for ideal comfort, fit and support. Locking your ankle in place eliminates any movement of the foot – a situation that can lead to discomfort and power-reduction during the swing.
- SnugFit Tongue for fit: The SnugFit tongue is engineered utilising thin, soft, and breathable materials - including MicroVent technology- in order to properly conform to the top of your foot providing superb fit and an incredibly comfortable in-shoe environment.
- NitroThin TPU Outsole for stability: The all-new NitroThin TPU outsole has been in development for several years, undergoing numerous rounds of testing and technical modifications. The result is a super thin-yet-strong outsole that frames the soft, FTF internal midsole to deliver the perfect combination of stability and flexibility for maximum on-course performance.
- Xtra-Thick FTF FitBed for cushioning: In order to achieve the sleek, low-profile look of D.N.A., the midsole was moved inside the shoe. FTF (Fine-Tuned Foam), a new proprietary cushioning material, is used throughout the interior FitBed midsole. In order to achieve in-shoe stability as well as premium cushioning, two densities of FTF were utilised - a firmer density for stability around the perimeter of the FitBed and a softer density in the heel and forefoot providing industry-leading in-shoe comfort.
- ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards: D.N.A. also features the all-new ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards of England, one of the premiere suppliers of high performance leather in the world. This unique full grain leather system is lightweight, durable and supple with superior waterproof performance. By using this premium leather, the wearer will experience tremendous breathability and will find the upper will conform to their feet for an incredible custom fit.
D.N.A. is available from March at RRP £150 and £165 BOA in White/Liquid White; White/Liquid Red; White/Liquid Navy; Light Grey/Liquid Orange; Black/Liquid Black and White/Liquid Silver featuring the BOA Lacing System.
Click on the images and product sketches below for a closer look at the new FJ D.N.A. golf shoe ...