"Give us one more shot" - Downbeat Bryson DeChambeau issues desperate LIV Golf plea
Bryson DeChambeau has urged people to give the breakaway LIV Golf League "one last shot".
Bryson DeChambeau has conceded LIV Golf has "a lot" against them to secure their long-term future but hopes the renegade tour will get "one more shot" to survive beyond the end of the season.
Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) announced in April they would end their financial backing of LIV Golf at the end of the campaign, four years after launching.
LIV Golf announced two weeks ago they have found an unnamed investor to take the league forward onto its next chapter but face a race against time to finalise the transaction.
Their embattled chief executive, Scott O'Neil, told reporters that the deal, which is understood to require ratification by 1 September, hinges on players committing to LIV Golf 2.0.
"Look, it's tough, it's not easy," DeChambeau told reporters after the opening round of LIV's season finale in Indianapolis.
DeChambeau went round The Club at Chatham Hills in 5-under and trails early pacesetter, England's Laurie Canter, by three strokes.
"We definitely have a lot against us, but I think behind the scenes we've got a lot of people that are working hard to make this possible for not only all the players that are out here, but all the fans that have come out to these events and the economic impact we've made on all these places.
"Whether that’s in South Africa, here in Indy, Australia, numerous places across the world, the UK, the different places we've been in the US – even Nashville, where we played a few years ago was unbelievable.
"I just think we have a bit of a responsibility to continue to show this and, if it works, it works, awesome.
"If it doesn't, we'll figure things out. Time will move on; I would say that time heals things.
"I hope people can see that we actually bring value to the game of golf and my wish is that people give us one more shot and be open-minded."
DeChambeau added: "When you look at higher levels of LIV Golf there are definitely players that would provide a value to the tour and guys that I love competing against as well."
The American's comments came 24 hours after the aforementioned O'Neil heaped praise on DeChambeau for his efforts in trying to save LIV.
DeChambeau has been heavily involved in the search to find fresh investment and has been personally involved in delivering pitches.
His contract is thought to expire on Sunday, leaving DeChambeau a free agent.
He previously expressed a desire to play on the PGA Tour again whilst also playing LIV Golf events.
That prospect doesn't seem likely.
"I have a lot of time for Bryson," O'Neil said. "I talk to him quite a bit.
"Having spent 30 years in this business of sports, spending time with professional athletes for most of it, I've never met one who's truly... not what they say but what they do, truly focused and be mission driven.
"He cares about the global game of golf. He cares about building this next generation of fans.
"I don't think anybody works harder on or off the course. Bryson has become a good friend, a good advocate of the league.
"I certainly hope he's with us for the future. He's been extremely supportive, as I can say most of the big guys have been."
DeChambeau kicks out reporter from driving range session
DeChambeau arrived at LIV Golf Indianapolis as a man in high-demand.
Reporters on site have attempted to ask the American questions about his and LIV Golf's future but it appears the 32-year-old has had enough of the golf media.
GOLF's Sean Zak noted that DeChambeau labelled members of the press "the mafia" who "love talking s---".
Then, on Wednesday, DeChambeau American golf reporter Ryan French booted off the range.
French, better known as MondayQInfo, was filming some of DeChambeau's swings.
Why DeChambeau was upset with French is unknown.
French later explained on X that DeChambeau called him about the incident and they spoke for 20 minutes.
He kept details of their conversation private.


