Cobra is bringing back its KING Oversized irons, offering the brand’s largest iron head and sweet spot ever.
First available in 1994, the Oversized irons were the sport’s best-selling wrenches in 1994-1995 – now, a new and improved product is coming to market.
“At COBRA Golf we are excited to bring back the KING Oversized set, and introduce our first iron that is at the USGA’s COR Limit,” said Jose Miraflor, Sr. Director of Product Marketing, COBRA Golf.
“The oversized head will provide golfers with even more speed and distance from centre and off-centre.”
- New PWRshell face technology – lowers and centres CG, provides a thinner, lighter face and sole structure, for higher ball speeds across the face.
- Full-hollow body construction – delivers soft, solid sound. Higher launch, and more consistency
- 100% milled face improves grooves for more spin and trajectory control
- Progressive spin technology optimises spin rates for ultimate distance
- U-grooves on 7-PW increase spin for control, wedge spaced grooves on GW and SW give extra spin
- Multi-material cavity construction with new aluminium medallion badge saves weight, re-positioned by high density tungsten weight in toe for low and centred CG
- Premium nickel chrome finish looks great!
“Really the key to distance is lower CG, which is a big challenge when you create a larger iron,” said Miraflor.
“Our multi-material cavity construction and strategically placed tungsten weighting in our KING Oversized irons allows us to place CG lower, which ultimately delivers more speed and higher launch.”
Price: £699 (steel 4-PW 5-SW) £799 (graphite 5-SW)
Available: 13 January
Grip: Lamkin Ace Crossline
Stock Shaft: UST Recoil 460 ES graphite or True Temper XP 85 steel
Head to the Cobra website for more information.