In an epic final round at Jumeirah Golf Estates, Jon Rahm won his second DP World Tour Championship title in three years and was crowned the Race to Dubai champion for the first time in his career.
Rahm is just the second Spaniard to win the Race to Dubai, with his hero Seve Ballesteros winning the season long race six times, the last dating back to 1991.
“I’ve thought about it all week,” said Rahm of emulating Ballesteros. “I’ve thought about it the last two hours. I thought about it as soon as I made the putt but it still hasn’t processed in my mind. It’s a thought in there that still has not been internalised.
“It’s really so hard to believe that some of the greatest champions in European golf and Spanish golf haven’t been able to accomplish what I have. It just doesn’t feel like it’s true. It’s hard to believe.”
Jon Rahm - What's in the bag of the 2019 Race to Dubai winner?
- TaylorMade M5 | 10.5° | Aldila Tour Green 70 TX | D4 Swing Weight
- TaylorMade M5 5 Wood | 19° | Aldila Tour Green 70 TX
- TaylorMade P750 Irons | 4-PW | Project X 6.5
- TaylorMade Hi-Toe Wedges | 52° & 56° | Project X 6.5
- TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Wedge | 60° | Project X 6.5
- TaylorMade Spider X Copper Putter
- TaylorMade TP5 2019 Ball