Xander Schauffele has told the 'No Laying Up' podcast that he and Patrick Cantlay will NOT be leaving the PGA Tour and joining LIV Golf in 2023, despite a number of rumours doing the rounds on social media in recent weeks.
Schauffele and Cantlay's names had been all the rage as the next potential signings for LIV Golf after this crazy rumour from an apparent 'insider' went viral on Twitter.
An article in the Guardian also appeared online that linked both of their names to a potential switch.
But right from the horse's mouth, Schauffele and Cantlay will most definitely NOT be moving to LIV Golf.
.@XSchauffele on LIV rumors, the Delaware meeting, the changes made to the PGA Tour, his relationship with his dad, how he rose through the ranks, Ryder Cup ‘23, and more.— No Laying Up (@NoLayingUp) November 17, 2022
Apple: https://t.co/mw85ockQLI pic.twitter.com/mX46tHl5TE
Here's what Schauffele told No Laying Up:
He then added:
The latest shutdown will no doubt be a huge blow for LIV Golf execs who are desperately looking to tie down "at least seven new players" to their 2023 LIV Golf League, especially with Schauffele and Cantlay being two of the hottest PGA Tour talents in the world right now.
Sports reporter Brian Wacker, who writes for the New York Post, initially cleared up the rumour when tweeting the following last week:
"Some LIV Golf news: Xander isn’t going, despite, ahem, “report”; TV deal will be with Fox Sports in some capacity; 5ish events in US next year. Related, if/when they get world ranking points, that changes equation for some."