Playing on the PGA Tour is a dream job for any golf fan, but in reality it's never going to happen, so for many of us, but being a caddie is a far more achievable dream.
Now we're not saying you're going to have the chance of carrying Rory McIlroy's bag on the PGA Tour any time soon, but if you're looking for some weekend work in California, there's currently the opportunity to land a fantastic part-time job.
According to Caddiemaster, a prestigious golf club in Pebble Beach is in search for some more caddies to help at the weekends.
The exact course hasn't been named, but the golf courses in that area are nothing short of spectacular, with Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay, Del Monte Golf Course and the new The Hay at Pebble Beach all in close proximity to each other.
The listing states that caddies "are expected to work 6 to 7 hours per weekend day" and the job requirements are as follows:
- All Caddies are required to have general golf knowledge, meaning you could play or prompt another Golfer, though you do not need to be an expert or even play well.
- Must be outgoing and have a customer-first personality.
- Candidates without specific Caddie experience may be considered if you have previous experience in one the following types of jobs: Server, Waiter, Bartender, Hospitality, Customer Service, Golf Retail, General Retail, Landscaping, Sales, Valet, Firefighter, EMS personnel, Other Outdoor or Recreational Roles
- Must be physically capable of carrying two bags that can weigh up to 35 pounds each while walking the length of the golf course multiple times a day.
The daily responsibilities include:
- Cheerfully interact and deliver world-class customer service to all golfers.
- Calculate yardage for golfers.
- Locate errant shots.
- Maintain the course.
- Clean clubs and golf balls.
- Provide course knowledge and information.
- Assist golfers with decision-making.
- Golf Caddie Candidate Selection Process
Check out the job listing here.