Victor Perez withdraws from LIV Golf's season finale

Victor Perez has withdrawn from the final LIV Golf event of 2026 so he can attend the birth of his second child.

Victor Perez
Victor Perez

Victor Perez has pulled out of LIV Golf's season finale in Indianapolis to attend the birth of his second child.

The 33-year-old, who joined Cleeks GC for the 2026 campaign, will be replaced by Germany's Max Rottluff for the tournament at The Club at Chatham Hills.

"I've decided not to compete at LIV Golf Indianapolis this week so I can stay home with my wife, who is expecting our second child," said Perez in a statement.

"Obviously, this is a very special time for our family, and I want to be there for it.

"I'm wishing the Cleeks team all the best this week, and I'll be cheering them on from home.

"Max Rottluff will step in for me, and I'm sure he'll do a great job representing the team."

Loading this video will expose you to potential cookies and tracking by the provider

Perez is not risking his LIV future by withdrawing, as the three-time DP World Tour winner sits comfortably above the relegation zone in the individual standings.

His withdrawal comes amid a turbulent period for LIV Golf.

LIV Golf Indianapolis will be the final event of the breakaway tour's 2026 season.

And there is a chance it may well be the final tournament in the league's history.

LIV cancelled its planned Team Championship on Monday, making the Indianapolis event the final tournament of the 2026 season.

The $40m finale was due to be played from 27-30 August in Michigan.

Bryson DeChambeau
Bryson DeChambeau

The league stated the decision would allow it to "devote resources to its transition and preparations for the future" following the Saudi Public Investment Fund's decision in April to pull the plug.

LIV Golf has also slashed the individual prize purse for this week's tournament.

Since LIV's launch in 2022, the league has offered $20m purses, with each champion walking away with a cool $4m.

But players will compete for $10.1m this week, and the winner will receive $2m.

Sports Business Journal has also reported some players may boycott the season finale because they are yet to be paid tournament winnings from LIV Golf New York.

The tournament, held at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, concluded on 9 August.

Uncertainty also surrounds individual champion Jon Rahm.

Jon Rahm
Jon Rahm

LIV Golf said two weeks ago that it had secured an unnamed lead investor to take the league forward without PIF funding, but holding onto star players could prove pivotal to the new deal.

Rahm, who is reportedly still owed millions, is set to be offered equity in "LIV Golf 2.0".

Neither the Spaniard nor his representatives have commented on his future.

TeeTimes reported on Tuesday morning that Rahm has agreed terms to re-join the PGA Tour in 2027, though the claim is yet to be substantiated.

LIV Golf CEO Scott O'Neil is due to address the media tomorrow.

O'Neil previously said that he hoped Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau would "stick along for the ride" when asked if both players would be playing LIV Golf events in 2027.

LIV Golf also faces several legal headaches.

Scott O'Neil
Scott O'Neil

The league is defending a lawsuit from the Premier Golf League, which accuses LIV of copying its idea.

Canadian technology company Mobii Systems is also suing LIV over alleged unpaid fees relating to its "Any Shot, Any Time" technology, which was used in its broadcasts.

Front Office Sports reported on Tuesday that Fresh Tape Media, the company that produced and operated the league's pre-season media event days in January, is suing LIV for more than $1.23m in missed payments and interest.

The complaint was filed in New York State Supreme Court on July 21.