John Daly: I will NEVER play another tournament run by USGA

Daly continues to criticise the USGA after being denied a golf cart at the US Senior Open.

Andy Roberts's picture
Wed, 27 Jun 2018

John Daly: I will NEVER play another tournament run by USGA

 

Just 48 hours removed from withdrawing from this week's US Senior Open, John Daly has revealed how he will never play in another tournament run by the USGA.

5774263478001

 

Daly, 52, made the headlines earlier in the week with confirming he was withdrawing from the over 50s major after being denied a medical exemption to use a golf cart during the tournament. Daly said his attorneys told him he was eligible to use the cart under the ADA.

The two-time major champion, texted a reporter from USA Today Sports on Wednesday to say it was "just not worth it to me."

RELATED: DALY FUMING WITH USGA, WDS FROM US SENIOR OPEN

“The USGA just seems to defend themselves after the fact,’’ said Daly, adding that “the greens seem to get away from them like Saturday at Shinnecock Hills. It just seems like something happens every year they host an event that looks bad on them. They just never seem to learn from their mistakes.’’
 
Daly hopes to return to action next week at the Greenbrier Classic, a PGA Tour event on July 5 to 8 in West Virginia, after having amniotic fluid injected into his right knee. He said he plans to undergo the medical procedure Thursday.

The Wild Thing joined the Champions Tour when he turned 50 in 2016, and continues to play in a handful of PGA Tour events.